Author Topic: Does anyone else find the HeadLube Matte moisturizer too greasy?  (Read 7669 times)

Offline cuzzin

• Sly Jr.
Does anyone else find the HeadLube Matte moisturizer too greasy?
« on: September 13, 2007, 02:00:59 PM »
I've been using this moisturizer for a good couple of months now, and I find it's a little too greasy, especially if my head starts to sweat. I'm not overusing it or anything, I use a very small amount, maybe the size of a dime.  As long as I'm not sweating, my head feels fine, but I do sweat easily, and once my head even starts to get the smallest amount of persperation, it just feels greasy. I'm looking for another moisturizer that absorbs better and keeps a nice dry feel. Does anyone have any suggestions?

BaldRob

Re: Does anyone else find the HeadLube Matte moisturizer too greasy?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 02:37:09 PM »
I personally don't like HeadLube either... it does get to greasy!

I switched to the Bald Guyz Moisture Gel and haven't ever looked back!!  Great stuff... non greasy and absorbs very quickly!

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 02:41:54 PM »
I haven't tried Headlube yet, can't find it in stores here.

I will echo Rob, try using Bald Guyz moisture gel, it goes on nice and smooth, absorbs quickly, and I've found it to have no greasy feel at all. Dries very quickly also.
I tend to have oily skin and I've had no problem with it. Use about a pea size dab, rub it in thoroughly and you're good to go.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 04:03:36 PM by xnewyawka »

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 02:57:56 PM »
My noggin gets oily and greasy even if I don't use HeadLube. Which was part of my dandruff problem when I still had fur on the melon. That's MY motivation to stay SLY

Oh, sorry.....anyway, doesn't matter if I use it or not.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

KALBO

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 02:58:27 PM »
I haven't experienced any problems with HeadLube Matte...well at least not until I start to sweat.

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 06:12:37 PM »
I don't use it currently, but I never found it greasy.  I did find the Glossy version greasy, however.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Teambean

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 08:37:28 PM »
Cuzzin-

Welcome! As everyone on here knows...Ive been a HUGE Matte For Men fan...its an all-in-one that isnt sticky or greasy...and totally dulls shine.

Give it a try...

Teambean

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 08:37:54 PM »
Yes, I found the Headlube Matte to make my head oily.  My scalp has never been better since the last month that I stopped using anything on it except for water.  Skin is clearer and the oily part is slowly going away.  YES!!!! O0
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 10:18:36 PM »
I dont know why you all are making a big fuss over that stuff.  What I use you can buy at any drug store...or the unforsaken Walmart( gawd I hate that place) Just pure aloe vera gel.  it comes in like a 32 oz bottle...wiht a pump and I keep it in the fridge.  It is also great on sunburns and stuff like that....and it only cost a whopping $2.  I bought the baldguyz gel for about 4 bucks but I seem to like the generic aloe vera gel.  Try it ..im sure you all will love it.

Offline WannaBePadre

• Look at all of this stuff!
  • Super Sly
  • The hairs of your head have been counted (Lk 12:7)
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2007, 10:26:29 PM »
I found the Glossy was greasier than the Matte. Both HeadLubes tend to make my head start to sweat if I haven't let the noggin cool off after a shower.
Nothing says 'God loves you' more than a bald man in mirrored sunglasses.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2007, 10:01:17 AM »
I dont know why you all are making a big fuss over that stuff.  What I use you can buy at any drug store...or the unforsaken Walmart( gawd I hate that place) Just pure aloe vera gel.  it comes in like a 32 oz bottle...wiht a pump and I keep it in the fridge.  It is also great on sunburns and stuff like that....and it only cost a whopping $2.  I bought the baldguyz gel for about 4 bucks but I seem to like the generic aloe vera gel.  Try it ..im sure you all will love it.

Thats a really smart idea actually, keeping it in the fridge. I think I'm going to use my moisturizer in the fridge too, should make it a little extra "refreshing." The cold will help any irritation too.

Offline WannaBePadre

• Look at all of this stuff!
  • Super Sly
  • The hairs of your head have been counted (Lk 12:7)
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2007, 06:41:13 PM »
Yep, I've got a tube of pure Aloe Vera gel in the fridge, too.

Nice call, TimmJ ... great minds think alike.
Nothing says 'God loves you' more than a bald man in mirrored sunglasses.

jusbnme

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2007, 08:16:58 PM »
The Matte didn't make my head as oily as the glossy.  That stuff really makes the head feel greasy after a while.  Almost to the point where I feel dirty again.  But yeah, the matte would do it a little too.  That's why I've switched up to the Bald Guyz Moisture Gel.  Actually, I've switched my whole routine up to include the whole Bald Guyz line of products.  They freakin' rock.  O0

X The Hierophant

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2007, 08:40:38 PM »
I love the HB Matte Lube ... no problems here.

I'll give the Aloe gel a try though.

Also ... love the fridge idea.  O0

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2007, 11:00:44 PM »

Thats a really smart idea actually, keeping it in the fridge. I think I'm going to use my moisturizer in the fridge too, should make it a little extra "refreshing." The cold will help any irritation too.

Yep, I've got a tube of pure Aloe Vera gel in the fridge, too.

Nice call, TimmJ ... great minds think alike.

i suggested that a really long time ago. so great minds do think alike. they thinka like mine. ha ha

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!