Author Topic: BLING!  (Read 3720 times)

Offline max.b

• Sly Jr.
BLING!
« on: February 18, 2019, 06:55:44 AM »
I was never much for jewelry, but I've come to the realization that bald guys need bling more than anyone.

I mean, compare

BLING:

NO BLING:

I'm thinking of getting military-style dog tags. I don't know, they look kewl, but I was never in the military. I don't know how I'll explain wearing them.

But maybe they are too subtle. What is that necklace that Channing Tatum is wearing in the first pic, and where can I get it?

With neck chains, I'm kind of worried about strangulation hazards. Presumably military dog tag chains were designed to be safe.

Do you wear bling, and if so what kind?

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: BLING!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 09:00:35 AM »
I am not a bling guy, unless you consider my beard as my bling.
SlyBeard

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 11:36:38 AM »
In my opinion, dog tags are something you earn by being in the military, not just to have jewelry. No going here!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline artudo123

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 12:00:12 PM »
I think sly guys look better with jewelry. At the moment I wear my Fitbit as a bracelet on my right wrist and my Apple Watch on my left wrist. I also wear earrings. I'm going to be doing some traveling in April and June so I hope to get some cheap jewelry then.

Offline max.b

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019, 09:38:41 PM »
@reddog

Yeah, after more research, I think you are right. People find it offensive, apparently.

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 09:55:55 PM »
Yeah I wouldn't go there with dogtags, my brother serves, and Australia has less of a military respect culture than USA (for better or worse).
I wear fairly bold glasses (that I need) and a basic fitbit, but due to my trade any jewellery is considered a safety risk so I'm not a wearer of bling
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2019, 11:42:16 AM »
Piercings are consider jewelry? x)

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2019, 11:44:36 AM »
I think sly guys look better with jewelry. At the moment I wear my Fitbit as a bracelet on my right wrist and my Apple Watch on my left wrist. I also wear earrings. I'm going to be doing some traveling in April and June so I hope to get some cheap jewelry then.

Bald guys are the perfect manekin 😎

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2019, 05:09:19 AM »
I suggest getting a chest tattoo. 

Offline max.b

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2019, 08:47:44 PM »
More examples...

BLING:

NO BLING:

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2019, 08:20:37 AM »
Just my opinion:

Don't wear dog tags unless you have earned them! Those of us who have earned them know what they have cost us and we carry the baggage of what came with that every day of our lives for the rest of our lives - and not all of that baggage is good.

It is your body - so take ownership of it and accessorize it in ways that are deeply meaningful to you.  If you are going to  wear jewelry - earn that too - get your parts pierced (ears, nips, man-bits or whatever) and then "own" the jewelry that will then be part of you instead of some "afterthought" you threw on in the morning!

The other big body mod route is tattoos.  But once again - you have to earn and own your tattoos!  Don't  just pick some flash off of the wall of a tattoo parlor and then plant it in the middle of some of your best real estate!  Really think it out.  Chose something that expresses something deeply meaningful in your life and is unique to your own psyche.  Think about how the tattoo will  fit into your long term bling ideas.  And then when you get your first tattoo - GO BIG OR GO HOME! - do not put some puny ass little tattoo on your chest or bicep.  The worst mistake you can make is to ruin your best "reals estate" with a small tattoo!  YOU WILL BE VERY, VERY SORRY IN A YEAR OR TWO IF YOU DO THAT.   If you oput a tattoo on your chest - do the whole chest.  If you do the bicep - make it is the first part of what is going to become a half or full sleeve, (have the entire part of the arm drawn up before you even put  ink to skin on the first tattoo!!!  Even if you don't come back to complete the rest of the arm for a year or more - make sure that the entire sleeve or half sleeve is actually drawn up before you put even the first tattoo on it.  That way, even if you never go for the full sleeve, you will have one great tattoo and if you do go for the full sleeve you won't be sorry that you have the first one in the middle of the prime real estate!!!!!!!!!!!!).   

Offline max.b

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2019, 09:24:28 PM »
@Semi-Sly

What's the purpose of piercing your nips or man-bits? Just curious. Sounds painful and I can't think of any benefit.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2019, 10:57:13 AM »
I was never much for jewelry, but I've come to the realization that bald guys need bling more than anyone.

I mean, compare

BLING:

NO BLING:

I'm thinking of getting military-style dog tags. I don't know, they look kewl, but I was never in the military. I don't know how I'll explain wearing them.

But maybe they are too subtle. What is that necklace that Channing Tatum is wearing in the first pic, and where can I get it?

With neck chains, I'm kind of worried about strangulation hazards. Presumably military dog tag chains were designed to be safe.

Do you wear bling, and if so what kind?
Wearing dog tags is a bad idea, buddy.  I ONCE wore some trendy one from American Eagle to a concert/festival and got called out by a LOT of folks. I felt like a fraud who disrespected all those who actually serve with honor. 

I tossed 'em and would never do it again. Keeping it real, buddy.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2019, 01:53:31 PM »
There’s such a thing as too much bling and Channing Tatum definitely went there in that photo. My only concession to bling is a pair of diamond earrings.
Hair is over rated.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2019, 07:18:33 AM »
In my opinion, dog tags are something you earn by being in the military, not just to have jewelry. No going here!
yep

Enter your email address: