Author Topic: Not Shaving On A Daily Basis  (Read 5033 times)

Offline DCSlyOne

• Drives With The Top Down
  • Sly Jr.
  • At My Sunday Best
Not Shaving On A Daily Basis
« on: February 11, 2019, 12:16:32 PM »
Anyone else here get tired of shaving on a daily basis?  I know, blasphemy.  I know there are guys on here who are religious about keeping their dome slick and smooth 24/7, but over the past few years, I haven't been as faithful. 

I get up in the morning, look in the mirror, and think 'Nah, not shaving today'.  Those mornings turn into several mornings, and it's only when I can't stand it anymore that I take up the Fusion and shave it down.

Anyone else get the blahs over shaving?

[img width= height= alt=ImageChef]http://cdn-users1.imagechef.com/ic/stored/2/090912/purf3b33834440fda29.jpg[/img]

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: Not Shaving On A Daily Basis
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 12:52:53 PM »
I rarely missed a day of shaving for my first 5 years.  I still really love the fresh smooth feel of my shaved head, but now I average every 2 or 3 days.  Fortunately since my remaining hair is mostly white or gray, it does not show that much.
SlyBeard

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 12:55:52 PM »
Heck yeah, I get to the point where shaving daily is a pain. I just can't seem to leave the house without a perfectly smooth dome. Ah, the price we pay to show off our great haircut!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 05:33:55 PM »
Nah,takes me about 5 minutes to do it.
The only bad thing about shaving my head is that doesn't last more than 12 hours completely smooth,other than that, I love the sound of the razor against my skin,very soothing.

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 11:59:40 PM »
Yeah, I have always disliked shaving (hence having facial hair of some sort most of the time since age 16).  I can grow bugger all hair so I do tend to shave 2-3 times a week
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 07:57:18 AM »
I agree Tony, the scraping sound of the razor is soothing. Especially if you use a double edge safety razor.

Dan, before I started shaving my head, I was terrible at keeping my face shaved. I just waited until it was scruffy. Can't stand the stubble on my head though, so I do head and face daily.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline artudo123

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 10:38:53 AM »
When I have to work at 7am, I hate having to wake up at 5:15am to shave my head. However, I love the smoothness of it and how awesome I look so while I might not want to always do it, I'm always glad I did it!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 09:39:35 PM »

No.

Offline Ty1963

• Sly Jr.
  • Hi I'm Ty
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2019, 11:13:16 PM »
I have only been shaving for four months now I love a slick head, but I'm to the point that I sometimes go 2 to 3 days without shaving, however, I never attend a meeting w/o a clean shaven head.
Hi I'm Ty I'm 55 years old my hair started thinning in my late 20s and really started thinning quickly in my late 40s I've worn a hair system for the last year and I've just decided to shave my head for 30 days and give it a try so far I like it I feel confident with my bald head. Feels great!

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2019, 12:20:16 AM »

Dan, before I started shaving my head, I was terrible at keeping my face shaved. I just waited until it was scruffy. Can't stand the stubble on my head though, so I do head and face daily.

To me the novelty of shaving wore off quickly after starting at the age of 13 (I only started cos of being teased by others about trying to grow a mustache, whereas I wasn't even thinking that way)
I am building by beard back up to a full Ned Kelly so I just touch up my cheeks with a razor, and I don't really get that much stubble
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2019, 12:10:46 PM »
Anyone else here get tired of shaving on a daily basis?  I know, blasphemy.  I know there are guys on here who are religious about keeping their dome slick and smooth 24/7, but over the past few years, I haven't been as faithful. 

I get up in the morning, look in the mirror, and think 'Nah, not shaving today'.  Those mornings turn into several mornings, and it's only when I can't stand it anymore that I take up the  and shave it down.

Count me in. I do it daily begrudgingly. But will skip every now and then.

That said, if I catch myself in a mirror showing the dreaded toilet-seat stubble ring, I feel awful; unclean.

Not that I'll run home for a run the razor, but I'll limit my exposure to hot babes until the next day.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 12:18:56 PM by chrisphilly123 »

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2019, 06:45:36 AM »
I am like tony,it only takes me 5 minutes to shave.If I dont shave every day I feel like I dont have very much energy.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2019, 10:20:57 PM »
I am like tony,it only takes me 5 minutes to shave.If I dont shave every day I feel like I dont have very much energy.
I wish it would last longer. Be nice to end work and goto the bar, being as smooth as I left the house in the morning.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2019, 10:51:44 AM »
I hate shaving in the cold weather. Cutting my hair at #1 every 3 weeks .
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2019, 11:04:30 AM »
I wish it would last longer. Be nice to end work and goto the bar, being as smooth as I left the house in the morning.

In special occasions like a hang out,party, meeting..i shave twice a day.
But that would be great