Author Topic: the sly bald look after previous FUE hair transplants? Future concerns!  (Read 1791 times)

Offline Littup

• Learning the way of Sly
Hello everyone

I am a 24-year-old guy from Belgium. SInce this is my first post I will introduce myself a bit first. ;)

I have always been perceived as an attractive, very confident and funny guy with a disciplined hard working lifestyle. When I was 17 my barber told me that I was starting to thin on my head. This came as a shock to me... "the why me" feeling was present ofcourse. I always have a very short military cut with a zero grade fade on the sides and back of my head. I also have a strong short length beard. This look had always suited me very well and matches with my sporty lifestyle ( I've been working out 5 days for the last 6 years). My dad and his dad and my mother her brother and father were/ are completely bald/ balding.

Since I was 22 I started using minoxidil and for me, this truly helped. It was then that I found out about a HT clinic in Istanbul who worked very close together with my barber's father who has a special hair salon for people who have had chemo therapy or have very thin hair, alopecia arreata, scarring... etc.

I had two free consultations with the Turkish doctor when I was 22 and 23. He told me two times that my balding wasn't advanced enough to have a FUE procedure.

then this year in september I saw him a 3rd time and he said that if i was still interested he would be able to do a FUE procedure. The brother of my barber and 3 other guys have all had a FUE by this doctor and the results are amazing. Nice hair and MINIMAL scarring.

to make this long story short. December 23rd 2018 I went to Istanbul for the FUE. the doctor really only wanted to do the front part of my head but since the thinning really bothered me mid-scalp and crown I asked him to the a little piece in the crown. the result is 2500 grafts in the front part and 500 end scalp (crown). his plan is to do a second procedure for the rest of the midscalp and the crown.

the healing has been a pain in the ass and I never thought that having a FUE would bring so much worrying... I am starting to think I made a mistake... My biggest concern is the fact that now my hair has to grow again I notice that the crown and mid scalp grows MUCH slower than the rest. This makes me affraid that those hairs are balding rapidly... It makes me worry about my future... these are my biggest concerns or questions and would really help if you guys could share your thoughts with me.:

1) Option 1: I want to be care free about the hair and decide to first buzz it and later shave it all of . the pros are that I now have a nice natural hairline which makes ly face look sharper. My biggest concern about thisis that when I turn completely bald I will end up with a Brazilian Ronaldo 2002 haircut look... My girlfriend and others say that If this would happen and I decide to shave it all with a razor you wouldn't notice it that much.

I prefer this option because this means no more further scarring (now after one month I have buzzed the donor aone to a grade zero and people who know about the transplant say they cant really notice the scars). no further scarring is important to me because I would like to have the choice to go sly later.

2) Option 2: I wait untill the midscalp and crown is thin enough to have another FUE transplant. I would ask my doctor to spread the new hairs as much as possible and make it a more or less natural look so that if I decide to fo bald at a certain point in my life I can do this without worrying about the Ronaldo look. the problem with this is that I would have extra scarring which I would think would make my donor zone look worse and definately more noticeable.

3) Option 3: in 4 years or so if the other hairs have all fallen out i could fill the balding zones with smp in a very professional Dutch clinic. Aesthetically this would look best but since the hair transplant has really had a psycologically impact on me, I am affraid that getting a permanent tattoo on my head would freak me out.

If I am correct these are my only options since turning back time isn't an option! Please share your thoughts with me guys as I would really appreciate this.

PS: Sorry for my English  :*))

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
Re: the sly bald look after previous FUE hair transplants? Future concerns!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 04:35:08 AM »
If you're in this site the only answer is going to be : Shave it all off.

Offline Littup

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 06:31:44 AM »
Maybe, but it would be nice to hear some thoughts or opnions about this rather than just: shave it all off.

Nontheless thank you !

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 06:45:33 AM »
You can do a search on this forum concerning transplants, there has been alot of discussion. Mostly about how to cover up the scar. Too bad you didn't ask our opinions before you proceeded. Good luck in the future, I hope you find some answers.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Littup

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 08:01:22 AM »
hey!
thanks for the reply. I must say that the scar now doesn't bother me that much... what I am worried about is how it will look if I would bald completely and have to shave my head... I worry about how noticeable the hairs in the front will be and if it will create an obvious spot in the front of my head...

greetings!

I too regret that I didn't find this forum before but I can't change the past can I.