Author Topic: daily shavers or twice a day shavers only....  (Read 12017 times)

Offline agassi

• Sly Jr.
Re: daily shavers or twice a day shavers only....
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2007, 08:12:49 PM »
i would say 3 days tops quite often lately

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2007, 10:34:30 PM »
Been a daily shaver since I first started, only missed two days.
I didn't shave today because I was pressed for time. It actually isn't bothering me today and as I said in another post, the stubble feels much softer. Wondering if anyone else feels the same about it?

Joe

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2007, 12:30:52 AM »
I cant stand it when I go a day without shaving.  So about  1 day is the longest I have went wihtout shaving .  Not too often do I do the twice shave..but depends on the day adn how things go.  If it is a weekend night and we are going out to eat..sure I will freshly shave...gotta impress the crowds...right?

Offline Glenr

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2007, 02:44:14 AM »
I shave every night before I got to bed. My reasoning is I am to groggy in the morning to go waving a sharp implement before work. If I am going out I shave a couple of hours before so that all the redness etc has had time to cool off.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2007, 08:08:06 AM »
I never skip more than 1 day of shaving, since shaving is akin to exfolliating my skin. It definitely provides relief from the sebhorreic dermatitis.

Good to be sly again.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

BaldRob

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2007, 06:38:53 AM »
Most of the time, I'm an every other day shaver... just to give the dome a rest.  However, I can't go any longer than that...

Offline SpeedoApe

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2007, 09:57:34 AM »
Every day! tried 2x a day by hitting it with the electric in the morning but electric makes me rash out so im once a day everyday. if for some reason i get a huge out break on the neck area i will skip one day but that is rare now that i use Clearasil Pads on the back of my neck morning and night.
cant stand to skip a day!
Y
My milkshake didn't bring anyone to the yard.....

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2007, 02:32:53 PM »
I actually shave twice a day, in the morning with the headblade sport, and the evening with the mach 3 turbo, the longest ive gone with out a headshave since i went sly in june of 2004 has been 3 days,

X The Hierophant

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2007, 03:09:34 PM »
9 days! 

"Wait?  How can that be?" You ask.  Well, that's when I go hunting in the middle of nowhere.  I thought about trying to shave my head with my buck knife once, but then I pictured myself bleeding to death since it was a couple hours hike back to civilization.  So, every year I go several days without shaving and then make it the first thing I do when I get back to civilization.

No excuses Tyler!  I think it was the new poster WhiteToast that taught us that when in the wilderness one can always use their trusty headblade naked in a freezing lake  ^u!ez
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 03:14:15 PM by X The Hierophant »

Offline WannaBePadre

• Look at all of this stuff!
  • Super Sly
  • The hairs of your head have been counted (Lk 12:7)
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2007, 10:48:35 PM »
After a year of being consistently Sly, I gave it up for Lent ... and then through Pentecost (90 days total) ... I kept it comb-able for the summer and a semester, but felt like a phoney. Buzzed it in the middle of the winter, and started shaving again this summer.

Sly is much more in line with who I am.
Nothing says 'God loves you' more than a bald man in mirrored sunglasses.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2007, 12:21:15 AM »
9 days! 

"Wait?  How can that be?" You ask.  Well, that's when I go hunting in the middle of nowhere.  I thought about trying to shave my head with my buck knife once, but then I pictured myself bleeding to death since it was a couple hours hike back to civilization.  So, every year I go several days without shaving and then make it the first thing I do when I get back to civilization.

No excuses Tyler!  I think it was the new poster WhiteToast that taught us that when in the wilderness one can always use their trusty headblade naked in a freezing lake  ^u!ez

Ok, next year I'll pack my HeadBlade 12 miles in the snow to base camp so that I can shave with it and get a picture.  Actually, now that I know some good tricks, it wouldn't be that different than sink shaving.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Bolohead

• Bolohead
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • At 56 and still feeling GREAT!
    • Jon Erdmann - Photographer
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2007, 05:32:13 AM »
The only time I don't shave da noggin, is when I am going hunting, but upon my return home from being out... we shower and shave da head man  :D  most days its a twice a day shave cuz me hate the nubs bub.

Aloha

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2007, 07:53:15 AM »
Daily shaver here. For the last 3 months or so I've been a twice a day razor shaver.

Sometimes due to parenting and work responsibilities I may go max 3 days with no shaving which is a nightmare for me. Like slowly watching your essence being lowered into the pit of hell and seeing demons feasting upon your soul.

shakf

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2007, 08:15:46 AM »
I usually shave every other day during the week and relax at the weekend unless I need to go out somewhere then I'll shave. I need to get into the habit of shaving everyday. Unfortunately I rarely get the time in the morning. It adds another 30 mins to my grooming routine in the morning.

Offline hipstersaint

• Sly
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2007, 08:28:14 AM »
every day. sometimes I take a day off especially if I want a super close shave the next day.   

Enter your email address: