Author Topic: I'm bringin' goatee back  (Read 6014 times)

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
I'm bringin' goatee back
« on: September 11, 2007, 12:33:49 PM »
Bringing the goat back guys, (as you can tell from pic) but am not sure if I will keep the full van dyke, or take it down to the true goatee (chin only). We'll have to see how it goes.
Like Tim's, my wife likes the goatteed look better. And I'm missing it now myself, as I knew I would. Can never go too long without growing it back. I've had facial hair for quite some time now.

Opinions?  Clean or Goat? 

Joe
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 04:14:03 PM by xnewyawka »

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
Re: I'm bringin' goattee back
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 12:43:24 PM »
Looks good, Joe.  The goat gives you more of an edgy look.  I say keep it.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

JohnMont

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 01:00:58 PM »
Hey Joe;
I think the goatee suits your face better than clean .

( Not so for you, SlyKC ... you rock the Mr. Clean look) .... just my opinion.

(Beard will soon be back for me )

John

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 01:03:00 PM »
Hey Joe, I think the goat suits you... I was in a similar situation but missed the facial hair too much, although for me I look like I'm about 12 yrs old when I'm "clean" so the goat came roaring back.

Offline SLYinKC

• Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 01:06:30 PM »
Hey Joe;
I think the goatee suits your face better than clean .

( Not so for you, SlyKC ... you rock the Mr. Clean look) .... just my opinion.

(Beard will soon be back for me )

John

Thanks, John.  I have a feeling that it'll be back pretty soon.  The goat just doesn't grow well for me.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 01:07:54 PM »
Always was partial to for Van Dyke with the sly look myself.  Looks great on you.  Have fun though and play around see what you like best.  Remember, we always say "its only hair, it will grow back"  I'm trying a little variation of the van dyke, where you have the stache, the goat, and the sole patch, but no hair between the stache and the goat.  
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

BALDANDRE

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 01:18:59 PM »
I say if you have the facial hair again, i'm always partial to the bottom only goat...

but do the full goat on your way! O0

Offline sifudave

• Sly Jr.
  • One Warrior, Many Weapons.
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 01:35:51 PM »

Go with what makes your wife happy...'cause if she ain't happy, well...   ;D
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 01:53:48 PM »

Go with what makes your wife happy...'cause if she ain't happy, well...   ;D
Or as they say in the South, "When Mama's unhappy, everybody's unhappy"!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 02:00:06 PM »
xnewyawka..... keep the full goat w/ the vandyke.  u r rocking the look.!  besides the wifey likes it. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2007, 03:58:31 PM »
Thanks, guys, I'm a gonna keep er'.

I usually have just the bottom, (goat, soul patch and sides) but I am going to see how far I can take this.
What I dislike is in the corners of the stache' it tends to get itchy and bothers me alot. Mostly when it's growing in, so we will see. If I can get past that point then all should be well.

Paul, that sounds like a good look, post a new pic when you can.

John, what's up dude? where's the smooth pic w/beard?

SLYinKC, how long have you given your goat to fill in? In your pic it looks very light.

Thanks again, brudda's, for the input.

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2007, 04:28:39 PM »
The goat just doesn't grow well for me.

I can't tell too much from your avatar, but it looks to me like it grows in nicely.  I wish I had better coverage... not much happening in the middle of my chin.    :'(
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline SLYinKC

• Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2007, 06:02:07 PM »

ISLYinKC, how long have you given your goat to fill in? In your pic it looks very light.

Joe, the avatar only has about 1 or 2 days growth so you can barely see it.  I'm now at a week and a half and it has filled in.  Just not sure if I like it or not.  I'll try to post up a pic if I can get one.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: I'm bringin' goatee back
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2007, 07:04:57 PM »
Bringing the goat back guys, (as you can tell from pic) but am not sure if I will keep the full van dyke, or take it down to the true goatee (chin only). We'll have to see how it goes.
Like Tim's, my wife likes the goatteed look better. And I'm missing it now myself, as I knew I would. Can never go too long without growing it back. I've had facial hair for quite some time now.

Opinions?  Clean or Goat? 

Joe

Goat, definitely.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2007, 07:07:56 PM »

ISLYinKC, how long have you given your goat to fill in? In your pic it looks very light.

Joe, the avatar only has about 1 or 2 days growth so you can barely see it.  I'm now at a week and a half and it has filled in.  Just not sure if I like it or not.  I'll try to post up a pic if I can get one.

Give it another week, at least before making a final decision.  Like going sly, it sometimes takes a while to adjust to having facial hair.  If you've made it through the scruffy stage, you owe it to yourself to see things through.