Author Topic: Which Pair of Glasses Should I Get?  (Read 7648 times)

Offline artudo123

• Sly Jr.
Which Pair of Glasses Should I Get?
« on: December 25, 2018, 11:29:46 AM »
I'm going for an eye exam next week and will likely need a new prescription and therefore new glasses. Which pair should I get? The black pair or the other pair?

Offline PDXGuy

• Team Sly
  • Sly
Re: Which Pair of Glasses Should I Get?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2018, 12:31:18 PM »
The top pair make a stronger statement.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2018, 08:32:00 PM »
I'm going for an eye exam next week and will likely need a new prescription and therefore new glasses. Which pair should I get? The black pair or the other pair?

bottom works better w/ the shape of your face.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2018, 10:04:55 PM »
I like the second pair. The thinner frame blends with the face better.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 06:39:06 AM »
i agree with magoo

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 11:16:06 PM »
To be honest, I don't think that you look good with glasses.  I think that  you would look better with contact lenses.  To be even more honest; I don't like either of those frames on you (have you ever though about rimless frames?); but between the two I would choose the second one.

(a funny story:  When I first joined the military in 1979 they took away all of our civilian clothes and issued us a new pair of glasses.  They were all the same; full rimmed black glasses.  Full rimmed black glasses are still referred to by Vet's as; "BCG's" (Birth Control Glasses)!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2018, 06:12:52 AM »
I like the second pair better....The first pair makes you look a little creepy, no offense.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2018, 11:03:47 AM »
To be honest, I don't think that you look good with glasses.  I think that  you would look better with contact lenses.  To be even more honest; I don't like either of those frames on you (have you ever though about rimless frames?); but between the two I would choose the second one.

(a funny story:  When I first joined the military in 1979 they took away all of our civilian clothes and issued us a new pair of glasses.  They were all the same; full rimmed black glasses.  Full rimmed black glasses are still referred to by Vet's as; "BCG's" (Birth Control Glasses)!

When in the service I always took my glasses off when asking a girl for a dance. Now you know why the name Magoo.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2018, 02:54:39 PM »
Go with the bottom pair.  I had ones like the top pair and my wife didn't like them. She thought they looked too heavy. 

Offline artudo123

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2018, 07:10:12 PM »
@ Semi-Sly

I actually don't like wearing glasses either, I don't think I look very good in them. I'm near-sighted and work in a huge department store so while I can do my work and still see, its also annoying looking across the store and not being able to see anything. My eyes also feel dry when I don't wear them. I also feel more comfortable wearing them when I drive. I tend not to wear them at home or when I run errands or go out for a walk.

I'm on a tight budget so contacts aren't an option nor do I like the idea of having to put something in my eyes everyday and take them out. Also, my optometrist advised me against getting them because of my prescription.

I might go back and look at other frames but rim-less are more expensive. One of my 2019 new years resolutions is to be on a financial diet. I'm meeting with a financial counsellor and have to write down every single penny of spending and also explore if I could have saved money from those purchases. I can hear her saying "Did you really need rimless glasses?"

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2018, 09:06:37 PM »
You look fine in glasses . I wore them most of my life , didn’t want to put contacts in my eyes either . Just because someone says they don’t think you look good in a certain frame or glasses, is but one persons opinion. Just wear the ones you prefer. If you ask people for what they like you will get 20 different ideas.

I generally don’t ask people for their opinions just for that reason. It’s what you like that matters
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 09:12:53 PM by Magoo »

Offline artudo123

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 05:36:57 PM »
So Semi-Sly suggested I try out semi-rimmed glasses and as I work in a store with an optical place, I went back and tried on a few more frames and immediately fell in love with them. They were an extra $20 but well worth it. Here are my glasses, they're the same colour as my hair line.

Oh and my vision has actually gotten better over the past 2 years since my last exam. I still need to wear them for distance and comfort though.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2019, 06:58:18 PM »
Must say they really look good . I have a pair that are similar. Good choice.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2019, 01:18:01 PM »
So Semi-Sly suggested I try out semi-rimmed glasses and as I work in a store with an optical place, I went back and tried on a few more frames and immediately fell in love with them. They were an extra $20 but well worth it. Here are my glasses, they're the same colour as my hair line.

Oh and my vision has actually gotten better over the past 2 years since my last exam. I still need to wear them for distance and comfort though.

good match

Offline PDXGuy

• Team Sly
  • Sly
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2019, 02:51:54 PM »
Great choice