Author Topic: 1000th post  (Read 2419 times)

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
1000th post
« on: December 06, 2018, 10:19:57 PM »
Although I had been shaving since 2004 it was not until October 2010 that I found this forum and joined up.  A reasonably regular contributor I just noticed that this will be my 1000th post.

Over the 8+ years there have been many changes and different personalities.  Some of the earlier regulars have since 'disappeared' from the board including The Sly Bear, Simply Red, Cave Dweller, Mr Jules, Frontier Guy, Mike E.P., Warhawk while mrzed and Tom Gallagher died.  I was fortunate to meet up with Cave Dweller and Warhawk when on a visit to US from Australia in 2016.

Apart from our esteemed founder Tyler there are many who still post regularly including Reddog, Bennett11, Sir Harry, Semi-Sly, magoo, Laser Man, while there have been a lot of newcomers in the past 2 to 3 years. 

It has been great fun being part of this board especially living in OZ and I feel like many are 'friends'.
Hopefully I can continue to be part of the board but some recent medical issues eg bone cancer could take its toll.  Fingers crossed.

Any a Happy Christmas and prosperous New Year to everyone.

Roger

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
Re: 1000th post
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 12:53:42 AM »
Two of the regulars I inadvertently missed are RazorX and Dober Daddy.  There could be others.
Roger

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 05:15:38 AM »
Congratulations, Roger on the 1,000th post. It has always been a pleasure with you and the other members from down under who haven't posted in a while. People come and go on the site, but it's always good to hear from them when they return. Merry Christmas, and all the best to you!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 05:16:44 AM »
Thank you for participating my friend. Good luck with your health issue, I hope things to sell for you.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 07:06:34 AM »
Roger , best wishes to you and your family . Stay strong and get better.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 08:35:02 AM »
Congratulations on 1000 posts.  Stick around, it is always great to hear from you.
SlyBeard

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 03:19:20 PM »
congrats.on your 1000th post buddy,i am always happy to see your response to comments.i have on this foruum for about 2 years now and i love it.i am sure you will be able to beat the cancer,you look strong and tough.i had cancer in 2005 and this month it will be 13 years with a clean bill of health.keep smiling and happy holidays.          p.s.thank you for being a nice person,it makes everyone else smile.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2019, 03:30:06 PM »
Congrats @nuts you're a great member and contributors to SBG!

Sorry I didn't see this before now.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.