Author Topic: Some encouragement- 30 day alum 4 year anniversary  (Read 5309 times)

Offline Calvo1029

• Sly Jr.
Some encouragement- 30 day alum 4 year anniversary
« on: November 23, 2018, 10:00:05 PM »
4 years ago Thanksgiving weekend I first went sly. Funny to think I was nervous and worried how I would look- today I shaved in a few minutes and felt so relieved as I had been busy this week and was starting to get hair again! Couldn't have people thinking I was not bald!

I know it is rough to make the jump but tossing the Rogaine and accompanying nerves after a few months of buzzing (which I liked too) was one of the smartest things I ever did.

I'm a bald dude and I have replaced that anxiety with a total embrace and have so much more confidence and just feel better. I love the routine, love the look- bald and bearded gets all the compliments and just works on every level.

Hope some lurkers and future posters can build up some courage and join the sly bald life!

If only I could figure out how to get rid of the hair that still comes back...

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Some encouragement- 30 day alum 4 year anniversary
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 01:48:28 PM »
4 years ago Thanksgiving weekend I first went sly. Funny to think I was nervous and worried how I would look- today I shaved in a few minutes and felt so relieved as I had been busy this week and was starting to get hair again! Couldn't have people thinking I was not bald!

I know it is rough to make the jump but tossing the Rogaine and accompanying nerves after a few months of buzzing (which I liked too) was one of the smartest things I ever did.

I'm a bald dude and I have replaced that anxiety with a total embrace and have so much more confidence and just feel better. I love the routine, love the look- bald and bearded gets all the compliments and just works on every level.

Hope some lurkers and future posters can build up some courage and join the sly bald life!
very cool, man.

i wish all those still suffering with hair loss could understand you trade anxiety for strength once you have the BALLS to take care of business. All those lost years suffering needlessly.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 02:18:14 PM »
I will add that for the guys with a full head of hair that like the look of a shaved head, it's ok to take it all off. Yes, some people won't understand your decision, but it's just another haircut choice.

Over five years ago, I wanted to see what it was like to have a short buzzcut. I was at a city carnival and noticed at least a dozen guys with shaved heads, including my neighbor. So I convinced my then girlfriend to agree to me getting a one time buzzcut. So I got up early the next morning and gave myself a buzzcut. I hated it, so went shorter, and then a no guard clipper shave. Then I figured I might as well shave it one time.

When the s/o got up and saw me bald as a cueball, she was shocked. A few hours later, she said she loved it, and I should keep it shaved for awhile.

So even if your not balding, but want to try a smooth bald head, give it a shot!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 08:47:49 PM »
Happy Baldnniversary,Calvo!

You're right...the bald the bearded look works on every level 💪

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 08:50:17 PM »
I will add that for the guys with a full head of hair that like the look of a shaved head, it's ok to take it all off. Yes, some people won't understand your decision, but it's just another haircut choice.

Over five years ago, I wanted to see what it was like to have a short buzzcut. I was at a city carnival and noticed at least a dozen guys with shaved heads, including my neighbor. So I convinced my then girlfriend to agree to me getting a one time buzzcut. So I got up early the next morning and gave myself a buzzcut. I hated it, so went shorter, and then a no guard clipper shave. Then I figured I might as well shave it one time.

When the s/o got up and saw me bald as a cueball, she was shocked. A few hours later, she said she loved it, and I should keep it shaved for awhile.

So even if your not balding, but want to try a smooth bald head, give it a shot!

Long buzzcuts doesn't look good,is almost like wearing a helmet haha.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 08:59:37 PM by Tony Dadá »

Offline Calvo1029

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2019, 08:00:10 PM »
Thanks guys!
If only I could figure out how to get rid of the hair that still comes back...

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 12:48:58 PM »
@Calvo1029 thank you for posting this! I think it will be an encouragement to many.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.