Author Topic: Mothers  (Read 5611 times)

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
Mothers
« on: November 14, 2018, 04:17:25 PM »
What kind of reactions has everyone's mother had to their chromedome? I've read on here that mothers never really like it. My mom didn't at first, but she's come around.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Mothers
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 07:13:40 PM »
What kind of reactions has everyone's mother had to their chromedome? I've read on here that mothers never really like it. My mom didn't at first, but she's come around.
same mine. like loosing my hair was my fault.  LOL

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 07:30:16 PM »
Does she like it now?

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 08:20:32 AM »
My mother is no longer with us, but she did not like it.  But she just stopped commenting on it after 6 months or so.
SlyBeard

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 08:45:09 AM »
Does she like it now?
it's hard to get a straight answer out of her. but I think she wishes hair on me. LOL

Offline clipped

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2018, 10:23:57 AM »
My mother, who is also deceased, only commented once, saying to a friend that I shaved my head (I was only clipper shaving at the time).  But it was not in any way "criticism"...just a statement of a fact.   We never really discussed my clipper crewcut style either.  She was generally a very accepting mother, never criticizing her children or our spouses for anything.  One of my brothers did let his beard grow fairly long once; she did say that it made him look older (it was all white).  But again, it was more  a statement of her opinion, rather than criticism of his decision to let his beard grow out.   

Offline ScaraBerry

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 03:36:22 PM »
My mom is a hairdresser and has given me endless crap about being bald ever since I started shaving my head.
She said she wouldn't have a problem if I was a man but as a woman I should have hair.
I'm close with her and she's really sweet and supportive otherwise but I wonder how long it's gonna take for her to accept it.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2018, 03:50:25 PM »
Your mom might never like your haircut, but you have to do what makes you happy. I know alot of us here think you're beautifully bald!

My mom passed shortly after I shaved, and she never saw me bald, but I know she wouldn't have liked it. My dad passed in the 70's when I had very long hair. He was always wanting me to get as crewcut, so he would probably love my shaved head.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2018, 08:34:51 AM »
My mom is a hairdresser and has given me endless crap about being bald ever since I started shaving my head.
She said she wouldn't have a problem if I was a man but as a woman I should have hair.
I'm close with her and she's really sweet and supportive otherwise but I wonder how long it's gonna take for her to accept it.
i totally understand mom's point of view.  but good for you for being your own individual.

Offline artudo123

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2018, 08:47:10 AM »
I live with my mom and hid being sly from her for the first 3 days. She's so critical when I do anything to my head or body. Its been about 5 weeks now and once a week or so she'll ask me if my hair will ever grow back but I deflect the question. In other words, she's not fond of it but I'm 28!

Offline Catalyst

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2018, 04:50:10 PM »
I haven’t lived with my parents for over twenty years.   I naturally have really curly hair but that been gone for these last twenty years too!  They’ve know I was thinning then losing my hair up top.  They asked about it the shorter I’d shave it down.  And now I’m bald they didn’t even notice until my boys said something to them!   I say shave it and be proud!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2018, 05:41:27 PM »
I live with my mom and hid being sly from her for the first 3 days. She's so critical when I do anything to my head or body. Its been about 5 weeks now and once a week or so she'll ask me if my hair will ever grow back but I deflect the question. In other words, she's not fond of it but I'm 28!

Moms will be moms . But at 28 we now make our own decisions. If you like your head shaved , then you should do as you prefer. Your mother will eventually “ probably “ stop giving you her opinion. It’s a new look ,give her time.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2018, 10:53:51 PM »
I’m 64 and my mothers hated my hair for 38 years when I first got a high and tight flattop.   know that I didn’t BBC for about five years she really is !