Author Topic: Girls saying how lucky we are  (Read 4267 times)

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
Girls saying how lucky we are
« on: November 10, 2018, 02:08:03 PM »
I've had girls with long, gorgeous hair tell me "You're lucky being able to shave your head. Guys have it so easy! My hair is a pain in the ass!" Has anyone else ever been told this?

Online reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Girls saying how lucky we are
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 04:57:28 PM »
I think every woman I've been in a relationship with at one point has said they wish they could just shave their hair off when they were frustrated with it. Yes sir, we are a lucky bunch! I'm surprised that there hasn't been a trend of women shaving their heads, like with guys.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 05:16:28 PM »
It took awhile for it to become socially acceptable for guys to shave their heads, I don't think it's anywhere near there yet for women,

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 05:53:58 PM »
My wife I’m sure has made that statement over the years.

Think about it , hair , makeup, clothes , glade I’m a male.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 05:56:30 PM by Magoo »
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Online reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2018, 06:23:52 PM »
I think it's a big misconception that sporting a shaved head is easy. If you're a daily shaver like me, it takes some time. Not too bad if you do a quick once over in the shower, but if you use a safety razor extra time is required. Lucky I'm retired and enjoy the headshaving routine everyday.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 02:40:38 PM »
That's true, being bald isn't maintenance-free like alot of people seem to think. Frequent shaving is required and you do need a few products: shaving cream, moisturizer, sunblock, etc. But a shave in 15-20 minutes is quicker than a haircut. And you have no bad hair days or worries about messing up your hair.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2018, 03:44:06 PM »
I think every woman I've been in a relationship with at one point has said they wish they could just shave their hair off when they were frustrated with it. Yes sir, we are a lucky bunch! I'm surprised that there hasn't been a trend of women shaving their heads, like with guys.
i've gotten similar comments from both woman and men.

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2018, 06:43:35 AM »
Yeah I've had guys say it too. When I suggest they give it a try, the answer is usually "It looks really cool on you, but I could never do that".

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2018, 07:56:28 AM »
Yeah I've had guys say it too. When I suggest they give it a try, the answer is usually "It looks really cool on you, but I could never do that".
very common response!

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2018, 07:58:52 AM »

I've had a few guys at the Y ask me about shaving.  They usually say "I'm getting to the point where I'm going to have to decide what to do." Weeks and months later, seems like they are still deciding!

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2018, 08:22:30 AM »

I've had a few guys at the Y ask me about shaving.  They usually say "I'm getting to the point where I'm going to have to decide what to do." Weeks and months later, seems like they are still deciding!
I hear that a lot, too. It's the 40+ ones that don't have the balls to pull the trigger. I've seen plenty of 20s 30s just do it.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2018, 01:17:42 PM »
Yep, there are a lot of 20 and 30 year olds at my local Y sporting shaved heads.  Older guys tend to keep the fringe.  Perhaps it's because I'm one of the few older guys with a smooth dome that I get the questions.

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2018, 01:40:45 PM »
And LOTS of guys think they have a funny-shaped head.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2018, 04:18:30 PM »
And LOTS of guys think they have a funny-shaped head.
the funnies comment I'll hear is, when a dude says he has a high forehead. I'll think, 'shave your head and get back to me.'  LOL

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2018, 04:44:41 PM »
The guys I can't understand are the ones that only have the fringe left and hold onto it. I know a girl that cuts hair, and one of her clients is a cousin who is totally bald on top. She's tried to convince him to shave, but he won't.

Enter your email address: