Author Topic: Women  (Read 11531 times)

Offline Tagus

• Sly Jr.
Women
« on: September 10, 2007, 05:18:44 PM »
Hey there.

It´s my first post over here, although i´ve been lurking this forum for a few months now and only know i´ve decided to post.

This forum seems pretty different and positive compared to some hair forums.

Ok, onto the main issue.

I´ve been trying to go out with a girl that works in the same place as me, although for different companies but i feel a bit insecure of going bald. I´m thining with 24 years old but i feel she´s really interested in me but she´s out of my league and sometimes i can´t believe how the hell a lady like her gives me signals.

I spoke with her sometimes in the past but nothing major but it started the seduction game...yeasterday she finally said hi to me.

Anyways i did shaved my head about 3 months ago to a 2# which indicated i was going bald and i believe she did noticed that because i went past her a few times (we still didn´t talked with each other).

She is known for dating a well known portuguese footballer that´s why i think i might look dumb for aproaching her and my sucess with women at this moment is nill. Losing hair sucks.

Maybe she thinks i have something special no?

I want to invite her for a coffee so that we get to know each other but i don´t want to rush things like i did in past relationships.

The only thing i know is that i´m going to try and see if this works or not, balding or not.

I´m still young with 24 years old, i work-out and have an athletic body and work and study in the university at the same time. I´m not a guy to cry about baldness as i´m considering going sly but i feel it might harm my chances.

Like i said i´m a bit insecure about all this so can you give me some advice considering your sly experiences?

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Women
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 05:31:49 PM »
Can't help you much, I was married before I was SLY.

I would like to welcome you to the forum though!!!
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 05:40:33 PM »
welcome bro. usually with sly comes confidence. and any lay-day will tell you that confidence is attractive. go for it bro. there is no such thing as out of your league. worst thing she do is say no. find another lay-day. have fun and good luck.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 06:35:59 PM »
FabioM, welcome to Sly Bald Guys!  Glad you decided to post after lurking for a while. 

On to the topic.  I think if you read many of the guys' posts here, you'll find that going Sly actually helped in the women department, not hurt it.  It's for the same reason that PBurke mentioned - confidence!  Give shaving a try, but do it on a day that you have a couple days to grow it back if it doesn't give you the confidence you're looking for.  Who knows, it could be that one thing that gets her to strike up a conversation with you.

Until then, do this if you're not already doing it...

Smile at her and then say something to the effect of "Hey, how you doing?"  or "Hello"

Do this the next couple of times you see her.  Most likely the response will be a smile and "hello" back.

After you do that a couple of times, just stop and say, "hey, I've never formally introduced myself. My name is (insert name here)".

This will simply open up the lines of communication to allow you to move the relationship further.

Anyone else have any suggestions?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 07:23:19 PM »
Welcome...Fabio,

Yeah....what will be attractive to her...if there's an initial attraction...is YOU DOING YER OWN THANG!!!

Ya know, shave it, mohawk it, spike it, color it.....whatever the hell YOU wanna do and strut it like you could give a sh** about what she thinks.    But at the same time be cordial and open up communication like Tyler said.

If she was somehow to pick up on any sheepishness about you changing your look because of HER, that's a strike against ya.

Hey, you may think of her a bunch....and you might have butterflies in yer stomach when ya pass her on the premises....but she can't know that.....the odds are WAY IN YER FAVOR if she perceives you as yer own man, man.

Hope that helps.

jusbnme

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 07:38:39 PM »
Welcome Fabio and glad you found us.  I think Tyler and Robmeister covered it all pretty well.  Just be yourself man.  If you feel it will make you feel better about the way you look then shave it.  If she digs it then she does.  If not then there are plenty of other women out there.  But if you are worried about the thinning then I don't think there is any other choice but to go for it just to see what it does for you.  You can always grow it back bro.  But I think you will find that it will boost your confidence tremendously.  Good luck and keep us posted.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 11:05:26 PM »
Fabio, Welcome to the group. I think Tyler and Rob covered it well too. One thing you have to remember is no one is out of your league. You say she's giving you signals? saying hello and having spoken with her is a big start.
Don't worry about who she's going with, focus on her possibly dating you. If there's one thing I've learned from past mistakes it's that you just have to go for it. You will never know the answer otherwise, and all it becomes for you is " what if this would have happened" and "if only I had done that".
So here's what you do: Take your favorite razor and shave the head. When you see her at work, smile, say hello, have some small talk, then ask her if she would like to grab a coffee, or maybe a drink. You gotta just put it out there, confidently, and then if she is interested you will know.
It's the only way to find out without playing games. Simple, and it will show you do things your own way.  Keep us posted and Good luck!

Offline Tagus

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 07:58:53 AM »
First of all thank you for your answers and for the warm welcome :)

I think i´ve come across as a confident guy to her because i walk always with my head high, and i consider myself shy. I also feel it´s a surprise even for me that i walk confidently in my work which is a place where lots of people are and look at you. Working in an airport and using an uniform makes people notice and aproach you.

xnewyawka i have already tried that method in the past, to try and find out if a girl is interested or not but unfortunatly things didn´t worked out but at least i tried and felt a great relief with it so now perhaps it´s working for me. I´m really going to try.

Tyler i first wanted to speak with her before asking her name or giving mine...i think girls feel that when they speak with a guy for sometime but still don´t know his name they think he´s the special one.
Hey it´s a tactic and it could work good.

Robmeister i agree with you. I have alot of things to do in my life, that i enjoy and that keeps me occupied which makes me feel confident and strong. I don´t speak with women like i used to, like an Average Frustrated Chimp, but normal and confident, maybe that´s what it makes her interested.

God she´s so beatifull, blonde and fits well with her uniform...she´s even sexier when she uses the smaller skirt her company gives to their women employees. I´ve saw her without the uniform and she´s even better with a nice round ass and a bee waist.

No doubt i´m going to try O0

See ya

Offline sifudave

• Sly Jr.
  • One Warrior, Many Weapons.
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 09:08:27 AM »
Welcome to the Forum.

I have to agree with the others here: go for it.
Ask her and find out if she is interested.

If you live honorably then the only things in life you truly regret will be the chances you didn't take.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 10:53:27 AM »

Tyler i first wanted to speak with her before asking her name or giving mine...i think girls feel that when they speak with a guy for sometime but still don´t know his name they think he´s the special one.
Hey it´s a tactic and it could work good.

Yeah, that will work!  I've found that saying hello can often lead to other conversation.

I don´t speak with women like i used to, like an Average Frustrated Chimp, but normal and confident, maybe that´s what it makes her interested.
  Did someone read "The Game" recently?

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Tagus

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2007, 11:35:57 AM »
Hehe, no i didn´t read The Game but i based that on what i´ve saw some years ago with a girl who was from my class back in High School. She was in love with a guy from other class and spoke with him alot of times but they still didn´t know their names...they are still togheter after all this time  ;)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2007, 11:40:30 AM »
LOL!  I mention that because the author uses the phrase "Average Frustrated Chump" in the book.  I'd never heard it before I read the book.

Offline Tagus

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2007, 12:15:54 PM »
Lol, i´ve read about the AFC somewhere in the internet :*))

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2007, 06:07:41 PM »
fabiom....1st of all welcome  2 the sly fraternity.  the sly brahs have covered it all.... so i'm gonna say.... go 4 it  b4 someone else beats ya 2 it.  keep us posted on the lay-day & also keep us posted 2 your road 2 slyness.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Tagus

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2007, 06:25:43 PM »
Alright guys, i´ve gone back to work after my two days rest and i´ve come home dissapointed.

And why do i say i´m very dissapointed?

First of all right after i started my shift she was coming by me along with another co-worker of her. I tried to say hi to her but she looked at me and then back to her colleague as they were speaking toghether. If she was interested wouldn´t she say hi to me? Or she doesn´t want her colleague to know about something is going on?

And 2nd:

I was speaking with my co-worker who his into his early 40´s but he´s a cool guy and one of my best friends in work and then he comes across this conversation:

Fabio you know i think i´m in love with a girl from our rival company, she´s blonde and very hot (you know, speaking funny like we men, sometimes speak about girls).
He did told me he has gone with her to search for a bag (we work in the lost and found in the airport) and now says she always compliments him.

I was a bit stunned as she always says hi to him but not me.

It´s not the first time she gives me the hot and cold (or whatever you say in english), loike someday she´s interested and then she´s not and i go back to zero. Everytime i want to aproach myself more it looks like she puts a stop to it.

After a few minutes i decided to speak with my colleague that i was trying to meet her better and we started talking about her...the conclusion we made was that she might be a bit shy and very nice, that´s why she compliments everyone but looks like she´s interested.

Maybe it´s not on purpose, maybe it´s just the way she is and maybe i´m too convinced for thinking about i could get my hands onto that girl (she´s a 10 no doubt about that).

I dunno, i´m a bit confused for what happened today, maybe my friend is right, she´s not like the other women, but she nice and polite although i find it strange the first time i spoke to her that she asked me if i was making night shifts, straight away ???

Why the looks, not only in work but also while we were on the bus?
Why the smilles, why the initiative to say hi first or to start a conversation like the one of the shifts?

Ahh, she once again put me back at the start, this is so disapointing.

I´m sorry about the rant, but i really needed it.