Author Topic: Where did you fall on the Norwood Scale when you decided to shave?  (Read 9081 times)

Offline JayG23

• Sly Jr.
Re: Where did you fall on the Norwood Scale when you decided to shave?
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2018, 04:07:00 AM »
Think i was about a 4 when i shaved.

Offline Ty1963

• Sly Jr.
  • Hi I'm Ty
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2018, 09:04:14 AM »
Norwood V.  Saved 10 days ago I feel great, i am thankful that my hair got this point, as it has promoted personal growth within myself that I would otherwise never gotten.  I loved having hair, but I am happier now than I have been in years, I am truly free. I thank God for this site and some of the guys on YouTube.  Best Regards, Ty
Hi I'm Ty I'm 55 years old my hair started thinning in my late 20s and really started thinning quickly in my late 40s I've worn a hair system for the last year and I've just decided to shave my head for 30 days and give it a try so far I like it I feel confident with my bald head. Feels great!

Offline dshupe

• Sly
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2018, 09:47:10 AM »
Norwood 5 here

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2018, 12:53:14 PM »
I am now 8 days into the my first 30 and I can honestly say I am thrilled that I finally made the decision!  For the better part of year, I periodically did research on MPB / hair loss and when people decided to shave their head.  Many of the search results came back with the same type of results, referencing the Norwood scale and all the various medicines or hair replacement treatments available. 

As I reflect, it is clear that a large part of me was just hoping to find a site or reference article that stated when you get to this stage you should seriously considering shaving.  I knew I had reached a solid IV on the scale and progressing to a V which for me would be a clear tipping point to shave.  I am sold on shaving and don't plan on going back but perhaps others are looking at the Norwood scale and asking the question I was.

With that, I thought I would ask everyone hear where did they fall on the Norwood scale when they finally made the decision?

Finding this site has helped give me the clarity I was seeking and helped finally guide me to the decision I wanted to make, I am thankful.
good question. for me, V or VI. it's been a while, so that's my best guess.
Just looking at the Norwood chart. I gotta be 7+ now. How 'bout you guys?

Offline dshupe

• Sly
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2018, 01:57:36 PM »
I am now 8 days into the my first 30 and I can honestly say I am thrilled that I finally made the decision!  For the better part of year, I periodically did research on MPB / hair loss and when people decided to shave their head.  Many of the search results came back with the same type of results, referencing the Norwood scale and all the various medicines or hair replacement treatments available. 

As I reflect, it is clear that a large part of me was just hoping to find a site or reference article that stated when you get to this stage you should seriously considering shaving.  I knew I had reached a solid IV on the scale and progressing to a V which for me would be a clear tipping point to shave.  I am sold on shaving and don't plan on going back but perhaps others are looking at the Norwood scale and asking the question I was.

With that, I thought I would ask everyone hear where did they fall on the Norwood scale when they finally made the decision?

Finding this site has helped give me the clarity I was seeking and helped finally guide me to the decision I wanted to make, I am thankful.
Am sure I've progressed myself......I don't allow mine to grow out enough now to tell!

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2018, 05:33:45 PM »
I would have been close to a 5 when I first shaved, now I would beyond a 7
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2018, 10:53:34 AM »

Am sure I've progressed myself......I don't allow mine to grow out enough now to tell!
Same here. I RARELY let it grow out but I know there's little to speak of at this point. It's almost funny I don't give a sh*t how gone it is.  LOL

Offline Wiremu

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2018, 05:30:07 PM »

Hard to tell as I never go more than two days without shaving. I'd guess about 4a or something like that.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2018, 10:02:47 PM »
I was somewhere between a V and a VI. Glad I went sly!
same here. when that 'island' in the front went bye-bye, I knew I had no choice.

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2018, 08:13:53 AM »
same here. when that 'island' in the front went bye-bye, I knew I had no choice.

Lol, "Island"

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2018, 11:58:49 AM »

Lol, "Island"

Me this summer 4-5 days late for a shave!

Offline nohairnow

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2018, 06:43:14 PM »
I must be a bit of an oddball with respect to the Norwood scale, although I'm only familiar with it by seeing the picture in this thread.  My front was a 2 and back would have been about a 5, but my hair was super fine everywhere.  I just shaved today for the first time, but should have done it long before the back got to a 5. Better late than never!

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2018, 12:30:47 PM »
I must be a bit of an oddball with respect to the Norwood scale, although I'm only familiar with it by seeing the picture in this thread.  My front was a 2 and back would have been about a 5, but my hair was super fine everywhere.  I just shaved today for the first time, but should have done it long before the back got to a 5. Better late than never!
i was worse in the back too. i waited until the little island between the front and back was nearly gone before I faced the music.