Discussions About Being Bald > Reactions to being Bald

Looking Different To Your Age

<< < (2/9) > >>

chrisphilly123:

--- Quote from: Wiremu on August 21, 2018, 12:00:52 AM ---Does anybody here who is BBC regularly get told they look older or younger due to being bald?

I've had a mixture of both.

My wife says I look way older and should grow my hair back (although she just wants me to go for the Statham-type stubble and that ain't going to happen).
But a couple of days ago I met a woman who insisted that I was the same age as her son. I asked how old her son was and she replied 32. I laughed and said I was 12 years older but she didn't believe me. She said the BBC made me look younger.

I think there'd be a variety of lifestyle factors that come into play before lack of hair, including protecting skin from the sun (important in Perth), drinking lots of water, moisturising, and perhaps overall demeanour and attitude.

Interested to hear others thoughts.

--- End quote ---
60/40; younger, older. strangers always say i look younger.

Wiremu:
 60/40; younger, older. strangers always say i look younger.
[/quote]

Isn't it strange that people you don't know say you look younger while people you do know say you look older? That is exactly what I've noticed.

Edit: Did quote wrong. Will have to figure that out.

slybeard:
I think young guys (less than 30) with a shaved head can look older, especially if they have some facial hair to go with it.  But older guys, over 40, look younger.  I am often told that I look 10 to 15 years younger than I am, and nobody believes me when I tell them I am retired.

Razor X:
I’ve tried to take care of myself so I could look younger than my actual age but I don’t think it is working. I look a lot older than I did just a few years ago. A lot of that is due to my beard getting greyer but my skin is also showing the ravages of time.

I don’t know how old people who don’t know my age think I am, but when people see picture of me with hair and no beard, they often seem shocked and I don’t usually get the impression that think my current look is an improvement.

chrisphilly123:

--- Quote from: Wiremu on August 22, 2018, 06:07:16 PM --- 60/40; younger, older. strangers always say i look younger.

--- End quote ---

Isn't it strange that people you don't know say you look younger while people you do know say you look older? That is exactly what I've noticed.

Edit: Did quote wrong. Will have to figure that out.
[/quote]I know. True every time. What gives with that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version