Author Topic: Should I shave it (with pictures)  (Read 5431 times)

Offline Nw5AndCounting

• Sly Guy in Training
Should I shave it (with pictures)
« on: July 25, 2018, 04:15:47 PM »
I attached a picture of my head with the hair pulled back. I have a legit cone head from the movie cone heads. Should I shave it or start researching toupees. I wouldn't mind the pointy so much if the head wasn't so tall I have never seen another person with a head soon tall and narrow

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
Re: Should I shave it (with pictures)
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 09:19:46 PM »
Most men think their head shape is odd.  Yours looks fine.  Shave it you want to or try a short buzz.  The beard is a bonus.
Roger

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 01:00:57 AM »
I see no problem with your head shape, it looks great.  Try it sly or if you are still not sure just go gradually shorter and shorter to ease yourself into it, then if you get to stage you dont like you can always stop.  Going sly is a bit of a change in your self perception as you have seen yourself with hair for the whole of your life which is why there is the 30 day rule, it takes a while to get used to it.  however when you do, you will think you look weird with hair!

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 05:10:15 AM »
certainly shave it. you will look fine.  guys simp;ly have different shaped heads p fine/

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 06:13:07 AM »
I agree, I don't see any problem with the shape of your head. Could just be your hair loss making it look large.

It sounds like you really want to join our sly club. Only one way to stop the urge, get the razor out. Bottom line, if you don't like it, it grows back fast.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Nw5AndCounting

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2018, 08:27:58 AM »
Thanks guys I see other guys freak out about their head shapes and they are fine. Hopefully that's what's happening here with me. I'm hoping it doesn't look so tall when I shave it.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2018, 05:48:53 PM »
It is your thinning and receding hair that makes your head look big.  Believe me, it will look better shaved.  And if you don't like it, what you have will grow back.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 09:02:59 AM by slybeard »
SlyBeard

Offline Nw5AndCounting

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2018, 10:47:08 PM »
I'll give it a try soon. I guess I'll find out soon. Thanks for the support it's greatly appreciated

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2018, 10:50:14 AM »
I say SHAVE IT!

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2018, 12:25:01 PM »
i think your head looks normal,i would buzz cut your hair and let the beard grow,you would look great.

Offline Nw5AndCounting

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2018, 01:34:37 PM »
I think the buzz will look good as with a buzz you can see where the front of my head is and the high part is in the back. I am just worried about when it's all gone because I have been thinning fast

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2018, 05:39:37 PM »
Then go ahead and shave.  A buzz cut is just what a lot of guys do to transition to shaving.  They just keep getting the buzz shorter and shorter until they are ready to shave.
SlyBeard

Offline Nw5AndCounting

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2018, 10:04:58 PM »
How close for the first time. Like a 2?

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2018, 01:22:20 AM »
try it at #2, then if you want you can go #1 and so on down to no guard and if you dont want to take it further then it will grown back.  Just pick what YOU are happy with, and go at a speed that you are happy with.  It will look different but every HAIR STYLE does, so take your time.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2018, 12:08:04 AM »
I attached a picture of my head with the hair pulled back. I have a legit cone head from the movie cone heads. Should I shave it or start researching toupees. I wouldn't mind the pointy so much if the head wasn't so tall I have never seen another person with a head soon tall and narrow
buzz to a #1 or no guard. I think you'll be happy.