Author Topic: How long for scalp to adjust?  (Read 1997 times)

Offline Woopigsooie00

• Learning the way of Sly
How long for scalp to adjust?
« on: June 12, 2018, 07:16:53 AM »
I am in my second week of shaving my head. I want to do it everyday. I want to keep the slick look not stubble. I shaved monday-friday with No problem. Took sat and sun off. Shaved Monday and have bumps all over my head.
Used Headblade sport 4 blade cartridge
Shave secret oil
Van Dee Hagen shave butter
Nivea sensitive after shave

The bumps were almost instant.
I know it is because my head isn't used to being shaved but how long does that usually take?

Also I have been using bumpstopper-2 on the bumps. Is this the fastest remedy?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 07:42:03 AM by Woopigsooie00 »

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
Re: How long for scalp to adjust?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 09:16:59 AM »
I would say about  1month to condition the scalp. But everyone will be different. As far as your breakout, was your razor maybe dull ?  Some people have a problem waiting to long between shaves , others if they shave to often. Another problem can be shaving against the grain. I personally don’t like Shave Secret forshaving , but use it as an after shave. I find it makes the razor hard to clean.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Woopigsooie00

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 09:23:33 AM »
It was a brand new razor. Trying to change the razor out every week since I am shaving 7days a week
Gotcha on the secret shave. It is really oily and thick. I'm trying to do anything to prevent the razor bumps haha.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 09:26:14 AM by Woopigsooie00 »

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 12:36:55 PM »
Sounds like you're doing everything right, but like Magoo said, everyone is different.

Two things, make sure you're not putting pressure on the razor, and something that worked for me when I started, try an electric shaved for a few days.

I like my head super smooth too, but sometimes I can't get it smooth, so I skip a couple days.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 12:45:53 PM »
i personaly use a electric shaver and it works great.i have thin hair so it looks and feels smooth.maybe your problem is its ingrown hairs or because you skiped two days.

Offline Woopigsooie00

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 01:04:58 PM »
Yeah I'm definitely not gonna be skipping any more days. Maybe that's not the problem but I'm superstitious about it now hahaha