Author Topic: Bald by Choice  (Read 9314 times)

Offline chuck285

• Learning the way of Sly
Bald by Choice
« on: May 30, 2018, 12:39:29 PM »
I’m fairly new here.  I just shaved my head again a few days ago.  This is my fourth go at it.  I’m a solid 2 or maybe 3 on the Norwood Hamilton scale, so I still have a decent head of hair.  I like the way my head feels after I shave it, and to be honest, I think it looks pretty good.   After shaving before, I never have kept it up past a couple of weeks.   I did start using a Headblade this time and it does make the job a lot quicker and easier.  This is a summer haircut for me, but I’m not sure if I’ll fall back into the habit of letting it grow back again. 

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
Re: Bald by Choice
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 02:37:14 PM »
Looks very smooth and strong.Definitely  a keeper for me.   Welcome to  the group  and look forward  to hearing more of your experience  this time round.
Roger

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 04:39:04 PM »
Outstanding look for you Chuck! Perfect head shape for sporting the bald style. Enjoy the summer with the smooth dome, after a couple months you will be addicted to shaving.

How are the reactions? Are you getting support from family and friends? Just a great look for you!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline chuck285

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 05:49:58 PM »
Thanks for the compliments. My wife is ok with my decision to shave, even though she prefers me with hair.  VWMYVD

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 06:50:48 PM »
Welcome Chuck , you have the head for the look. The longer you keep it shaved the more natural it will feel. Others will accept it as the new normal. Shaving get easier and faster with practice.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 09:46:47 PM »
Looks great!

Offline HappyGoSly

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 08:46:46 AM »
Great choice Chuck! Its a great look for you! I'm in a similar boat, have had my head shaved a few times, but have yet to complete the 30 day challenge.

Offline chuck285

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2018, 09:14:08 AM »
I’m 5 days in so far, only 25 more to go.  I really want to commit to it this time around

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2018, 03:22:41 PM »
Welcome Chuck, it looks great!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline HappyGoSly

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2018, 10:04:06 AM »
Wow, I'm surprised you don't have any shadow to start with, at least in that photo. The bald look may really suit you!

Offline chuck285

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2018, 04:06:20 AM »
I have a lot of grey, which doesn’t show up as a shadow.  I probably had about a day’s growth in that picture.   I’m about 12 days in and happy with my look so far.

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2018, 06:40:45 AM »
I stopped shaving for about 3 weeks, but ended up shaving again, one month ago today.  I enjoy the feeling of a freshly shaven head and my friends and family have accepted my new look!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2018, 07:42:04 AM »
Good going Chuck! You're probably getting a good routine established now. A couple more months and it will be hard to go back to hair. Glad to hear people are accepting your new hairstyle. You look awesome with a shaved head.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2018, 11:53:00 AM »
welcome chuck,if you didnt like a shaved head you wouldnt be going back and forth,i think your not used to it yet.its also quicker to take care of.

Offline HappyGoSly

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2018, 04:04:41 PM »
Hey Chuck,

Thanks for the update, it sounds like you completed the 30 day challenge and are now a Sly Bald Guy!