Author Topic: COFFEE......  (Read 38513 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
COFFEE......
« on: September 09, 2007, 04:55:57 AM »
hey my fellow chrome domes..... as i sit here drinking my hot cup of coffee & preparing myself 2 work..... i was wondering.... do u guys/gals drink coffee & if ya do... how much?

i'll start:  i usually drink a cup of coffee b4 going 2 work & probably drink 4-5 cups during work 2 keep me going.  so.... how 'bout u?  or do u guys drink those energizer drinks like red bull........

WARHAWK O0

Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
Re: COFFEE......
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 05:26:51 AM »
I drink a little coffee, but not much.  Have to be in the mood for it and usually only when it's cold outside.   For years I've been addicted to diet pepsi.  I would probably drink a half gallon a day sometimes, starting with a 32 ounce in the morning.  In the past 6 months, I've developed an acid reflux problem with erosions in my esophogus.  It made drinking almost any type of soda a painful experience.  I really went through caffiene withdrawals the past couple of months, but feel better for giving it up.  Still workin on getting the acid reflux under control due to lots of other stuff I eat.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 03:08:19 PM by SLYinKC »
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Koaa2

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 06:10:52 AM »
I drink 2 cups every morning. Since I retired drink much less, since used to drink a lot at work, it was always available. After doing a spinning class, couple of times a week, will follow-up with a cup at Starbucks with fellow spinning members.

I tend to like a Hazelnut mix.
"Wherever you go, there you are"

jusbnme

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 07:50:02 AM »
I'm a coffee junkie.  I'll have my morning cup to get me going and sometimes drink it all throughout the day. 

I'm glad you brought this up warhawk because I've actually been thinking about this lately.  I came across something on the internet the other day about the bad effects of coffee.  Some of the points I can remember were that it increases irritability.  It sucks other nutrients from your body.  Can mess with your nervous system and make you have delirium. 

Those are just a few I can remember.  Also I'm sure I do not have all the facts exactly straight as I am just trying to remember some key statements.  But I figured you being a RN you may be able to give me some insight on this, or at least straighten the facts out for me.  Because I love my coffee but if it's a real health hazard I would try to kick.   

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 07:57:25 AM »
Coffee drinker for years, at least 3 cups in the morning. I grind the beans the night before and have a coffee maker with a timer to have the pot ready for me when I start my work day....love the smell of coffee in the house as the sun is coming up.

In all honesty, cafiene doesn't have a tremendous effect on me. I can drink a cup o' joe at night or a couple of cokes and still fall asleep with little difficulty.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 10:22:29 AM »
Schro, I think we are in the same boat with our coffee appreciation. I also drink about 3 cups in the a.m., and think the sun rising without coffee brewing is just not quite right, lol.

I was a daily drinker during my commute to Manhattan for at least 25 years. I did hit a point where I was drinking way too much though, about 7-8 cups a day. Not good.
Right now I'm having about 2 cups in the morning, and not really drinking more during the day. Though I have been hitting the Rockstars' up with more frequency.

And WarHawk, if you could give us a bit more insight to the effects on our bodies and nervous system it would be appreciated. I have heard people say when they do stop they feel quite a few changes in their health.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 01:28:05 PM »
I don't drink coffee at all, but I drink 6-7 cups a day of green tea during the winter months. If that counts :)

Eat less drink more burn more!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 02:01:05 PM by shdwwlk »

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 01:56:05 PM »
I like to get the days started with a nice coffee ENEMA  O0

« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 02:00:00 PM by Robmeister »

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 02:00:16 PM »
I like to get the days started with a nice coffee ENEMA  O0

TMI!!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2007, 02:26:29 PM »
TMI!!!

You think THAT'S scary.....

whatever you do....don't form a mental image of what that might look like  :*)) :*))

Nahhhhhh....for those who don't know my SICK sense of humor.....

I love coffee, man....get the day started with probably 4 cups (administered ORALLY, thank you very much).....that holds me well for the day when I have to work that night......can't be too wired at the bar....tend to get irritable with customers.

If I have the day off....I'll nap and then do it again for the afternoon and evening's activities!

Caffeine is a double-edged sword for me.....really gets the creative juices flowing for the day...but if somethin' goes wrong....it can really magnify the issue(s) and then everything is tainted......that is until I pull out of the tailspin with a nice healthy Ketel One over ice......then we're back on track. O0
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 02:29:09 PM by Robmeister »

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2007, 02:43:21 PM »
Like  the rebalded Schro and Lance, I'm, too,  a coffee junkie.  I'll have morning cups to get me going and sometimes drink it all through the day.   My coffee maker has a timer and I wake up to a hot cup.   

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2007, 02:48:28 PM »
TMI!!!

You think THAT'S scary.....

whatever you do....don't form a mental image of what that might look like  :*)) :*))

a nice healthy Ketel One over ice......then we're back on track. O0

Now that's what I'm talking about.  O:O

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 04:26:56 PM »
OK Warhawk.. you always find some of hte silliest thngs to chat about.  I gotta meet you some day... LOL.  I dont drink coffee unless it is like below freezing out or its on a nice cool crisp fall morning out on my deck over lookign teh mountains as I observe the elk, deer, squirels and bears getting ready for winter.  Sounds liek a dream doesnt it.  Well it is...LOL.. no but i do drink it in the winter time only.  On a normal day... i would normally have a cigarette...but....tat changed today.  Its rough..but i got up and went and got me my favorite... a nice tall cold cup ( 44 oz to be exact) fountain Pepsi from the local Shell mart.  Keep prayin for me you all.  I have kept myself busy today. Me and the son went fishing..bb gun shooting...trail walking..and just driving around my old neighborhood.  Oh andanther thing...dont call child protection on me.. but i let him drive my truck out in teh country..he is only 9 ...lol he enjoyed it..he was scared. well time to go out to eat with the parents for grandparents day.. YOu all DID remember Grandparents Day DIDNT YOU?
See ya

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2007, 08:41:54 PM »
I'm not a big fan of the taste of coffee.  Though, on occasion I'll grab one of those blended drinks for some caffeine.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2007, 08:43:31 PM »
mtn. dew or full throttle. not a coffee fan.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Enter your email address: