Author Topic: my update  (Read 3270 times)

ugabulldog

my update
« on: September 07, 2007, 04:45:05 PM »
I have been lurking around but haven't posted much lately because I am no longer sly  :(  It is weird because I really liked being sly or at least clipper w/ no guard cut (I know most here prefer slick) but am letting my hair grow out and haven't cut in 1 month, I look like a fuzzy caterpillar (according to wife). The reasons for this are the scar on the back of my head from hairtransplant surgery 10 years ago (I posted a pic in the members only section awhile back, although everyone said the scar is not bad I am still self-conscience of it) and also because I work for a company that just restructured and I have a new set of bosses that I have to "prove" myself all over to. The company is in really bad shape also and I will have to start interviewing soon. I figure as long as my hair is almost back to the length I kept it I will get it there again just to see what I think (it is thinning but not real bad) I am sure I will be sly again in my life, probaly sooner than later and agree I look better sly, my wife even came around and agreed. I am not posting this to be convinced to go sly again  but just to share my with a great bunch of supportive guys (and a few gals) and am proud to be a member of this forum. to be sly again  O0

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: my update
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 04:58:20 PM »
Good to hear from ya again bulldog.  Sly or not, its great to have ya as a part of the forum.  Keep posting up and keep us informed on the work situation O0  Besides, once sly, the bug is in ya and you'll be back to true form in no time
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 05:00:25 PM by Paul »
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 05:05:35 PM »
Sorry to hear about that Uga, but you have to do what you perceive is best to put a roof over your head and take care of your family.  I'm sure you'll eventually get back where you want to be.  In the meantime, stop by every once in a while, and let us know how you're getting along.  Don't forget to enjoy the college football season too.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 05:14:25 PM »
ugabulldog.... hey the scar didn't look bad at all. if anything it built character.  i know that u will  have that dome slick & smooth soon.  however..... whatever choice u make u r still SLY 2 us.... as one of  r  sly moderators (SCHRO) always says (i'm kinda paraphrasing) sly is not about looks it is about ATTITUDE.  check in & visit often.... most especially when u do the deed, again. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

JohnMont

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 06:27:04 PM »
Ya know, man; you really do look good sly.  I had thought you had gotten over the self-consciousness about the scar.   I can see where you are coming from; and  ... I think all of us have to keep in mind once in a while ; the world will not stop turning if we stop shaving our heads.   I admit I feel kind of bad; like I say; I think you look really good shaved slick or ever clipper shaved; but ; do what ever you feel is best.  AND -- do not abandon us here.  I've always enjoyed your posts ; and you don't need to go away just because you are letting a little fuzz grow back. 

all the best,

John

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 06:32:15 PM »
UGA, I echo what all the other sly bros have said. You will always be a welcome member to this site.

I can assure you.

Once Sly ,you can never go back to hair for too long.

All the best bro.

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 07:05:00 PM »
UGA, Glad you checked in with us and don't feel bad about your decision.  Although we're all pretty sure that you'll be back among the slick and smooth very soon.  But whatever you do, just make sure you continue to check in as often as you can.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

jusbnme

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 07:58:39 PM »
It's all good bro.  Keep us updated on how life is going man.   O0

BALDANDRE

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 11:48:57 PM »
Dude..the whole thing with this place and haing a bald head is..

doing what YOU want and feel comfortable with...why force it? When you can, you will and want to...

stick around..once a sly is always a sly...you've experienced the best..and most dudes on this earth can't even say that! ;)

Later ,our bald -on- the- inside brutha!

BALDANDRE

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 11:50:54 PM »
Jdog...

on the topic of updates....

Nice work on ditchin' the stash!

The bottom goat looks real good on ya bro! O0

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 01:25:00 AM »
Hey Bulldog, Warhawk was correct when he said Sly is about an attitude and the confidence in yourself, not the length of your hair.  Stick around and keep us updated of your work situation.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2007, 08:55:42 AM »
Hey uga, I agree with what all the bro's have said. You have to do what is right for you.
I think you will end up working it out just fine with your work situation.
If you do have to start looking again, maybe give it a shot while sly? I have been looking and gone on interviews and job fairs and it's been fine.
As far as the scar, I think we tend to make more of it ourselves than anyone else would.
You can always make a joke about it if it ever did come up, just say you "cut yourself shaving".
Anyway, stick around and keep posting, one thing I found since I been here is that we're all in this together!

[quote author=BALDANDRE
stick around..once a sly is always a sly.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 08:58:49 AM by xnewyawka »

ugabulldog

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2007, 11:22:25 AM »
Hey xnew, that's a good one "cut myself shaving" I like that. Anyways, thanks for all the support- I knew everyone would be. I will be sly again, the only question is when. I kinda like knowing the option is there and it gives me something to look forward to. The next time I go sly will probaly be for good.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2007, 08:36:52 PM »
Leave this site immediately, you traitor and never post here again!!   :Xo! :Xo!

Just kidding.  Do what makes you feel comfortable.  I went back and forth a few times before settling into permanent slyness.  But like the others said, once you've gone sly, the urge to be sly again will eventually take over.  You'll know when the time is right.  In the meantime, stick around and join in the fun.