Author Topic: Gillette Sensor 3 disposable  (Read 2759 times)

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
Gillette Sensor 3 disposable
« on: September 06, 2007, 10:42:58 AM »
Hey Guys, I know that some of you use the Sensor 3 blades as your regulars, and find them to be very good.
I have been wondering how good a shave you can get from a disposable type, and picked up some at my local CVS. I also wanted to give something else a try with a more traditional setup. As you all know I am an avid HB user.
I used the headslick with it so I could gauge it with my first shaving of the dome.
I lathered up and proceeded with my usual routine: start at top (crown) and go forward. I found I was able to take much longer strokes than with the HB, and was also able to use more pressure. It also rinses very well.
Then I reversed and went crown to neck and found the same thing.
It also allowed me to go over areas more times with little irritation. I got very close to the ear area, and was able to go much lower than I do with HB. The handle felt comfortable in hand and allowed for good control. I find with disposables in general, you do have to use a bit more pressure as they are lighter than their regular counterparts.

Overall, a good close shave, but you have to work it if you have "tough" spots like I do on the back and part of the sides.
It's a good razor to pickup if you are travelling and forgot your regular (HB,Fusion, Mach III etc.).
Or if you (single guys) just so happened to get lucky the night before  ;) and want to be slick and clean at breakfast, lol. It gets the job done.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 10:47:37 AM by xnewyawka »

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Gillette Sensor 3 disposable
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 04:38:13 AM »
I use these and they are a QUALITY razor. I probably get about 3 good head shaves before throwing away.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 05:16:29 AM »
Almost 5 years for Joe to get an answer!! It just proves that eventually someone on the Forum will help you out!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 05:29:12 AM »
Just seen the date ha ha. Wonder if he still uses them hmmm

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 06:59:07 AM »
He is still hanging around so he will probably let you know.

Offline gardner179

• Sly
  • uk sly
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 02:26:17 PM »
i use the sensor disposable blades on my headblade, have been using them for the last year or so, great shave, eash blade lasts about a fortnight so they are cheap to O0 O0