Author Topic: Hair Removal Cream  (Read 3261 times)

Offline RYANKLY78

• Learning the way of Sly
Hair Removal Cream
« on: September 04, 2007, 10:21:49 AM »
Has anyone tried using a hair removal cream.  If so, what brand and how were the results?  Thanks,  Ryan

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Hair Removal Cream
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 10:38:23 AM »
welcome ryan. i think the general feeling is that those creams don't work very good.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 11:03:51 AM »
Hi Ryan, welcome to the site.
As PB said, the general consensus is that hair removal creams are not good, and a definite no-no on the noggin.
Check out some of the threads here and you'll find some of the guys who have used it did not have a good experience. Read the label on these products, it tells you specifically; not for use on the head!
Post an introduction and tell us if you shave and what your routine is (if any).
The forum is great for info and a good bunch of fellas' to boot. We will try to help as best we can.   O0

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 05:12:06 PM »
Welcome Ryan, glad to have you with us. I tried the removal cream Magic Shave and got terrible results.  Didn't remove all the hair and gave burns and irritation.  Definitiely NOT RECOMMENDED.  Stick to shaving with the razor and cream or oil of your choice.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 05:40:53 PM »
Ryan, welcome to Sly Bald Guys!  Like the other guys have said, hair removal creams are a huge no no.

If you're black, then you can try Magic Shave, but even be careful with that.  If you're not black, don't even try it!  It even says something similar on the package.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 07:49:25 PM »
Has anyone tried using a hair removal cream.  If so, what brand and how were the results?  Thanks,  Ryan
Hi Ryan ... I think those rank up there with snake oil
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 08:06:25 PM »
Welcome Ryan, glad to have you with us. I tried the removal cream Magic Shave and got terrible results.  Didn't remove all the hair and gave burns and irritation.  Definitiely NOT RECOMMENDED.  Stick to shaving with the razor and cream or oil of your choice.

ryan....welcome 2 the sly brotherhood.  i echo the statements of paul. stay away from the creams.  keep us posted & c  ya  'round the forum.

WARHAWK O0
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 08:08:32 PM by warhawk »
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!