Author Topic: Gillete Fusion.Power v. Manual.  (Read 10786 times)

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
Gillete Fusion.Power v. Manual.
« on: September 02, 2007, 09:15:05 PM »
Both of them were on sale for 6.99 in my local supermarket(normally priced at 16.99). I bought 4 of each,in part for the cartridges alone.

I used the Manual Fusion for the first time and it gave me the smoothest most shadow free shave that I have ever had from any razor. I think possibly the vibration on the power was failing to get the hair close enough down which is odd because their marketing says this is exactly what the Power version aims to do.

Has anyone else compared these two?(I know Warhawk uses the Fusion manual)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Gillete Fusion.Power v. Manual.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 09:54:42 PM »
jdog.... i luv the fusion (manual) as it gives me the smoothest shave 4 my dome & face.  i haven't tried the fusion power because i don't think that the "vibration" can give me an already close shave.  besides.... if i wanted a battery operated razor.... i would have gone electric.  4 me.... i'm sticking with my manual fusion. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 09:57:15 PM »
oh....jdog.....i almost 4got.  i believe slyinkc tried both the fusion manual & power.  i think he preferred the manual over the power.  hey slyinkc.... if  u  r  reading this.... please respond & give us your input.

WARHAWK O0

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 11:15:36 PM »
JDog, I've tried the Fusion Power/Manual and the Mach III Power/Manual... I really loved the smoothness I got from both versions of the Fusion though to me the power versions of the Fusion/MachIII really don't give me much in terms of a closer shave.  I mainly use the Mach III simply because it does better on my face & neck - for some reason my neck hates the Fusion.  Oh, and the prices of Fusion razors/blades is more than double that of the Mach III, or at least it is where I live.  That's my .02

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 04:25:01 AM »
cool to hear some feedback on this. I am going to use the Manual Fusion for awhile and see what kind of shaves I get.

How much are the Fusion cartridges priced in the USA?

btw Scott that is one shiny shadowless melon you have buddy, I am jealous.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 04:42:31 AM »
How much are the Fusion cartridges priced in the USA?
i've seen the manual fusion cartridges 8pack range from 23.99-27.99.  yeah...i know it's very pricey but it gets me the smoothest.  jdog....don't get the power cartridges because i've heard from a few sly brahs that there is no difference from the manual vs the power cartridges.  walmart sells it the cheapest.  i think 23.99 or 22.99 here in florida.  however.... i buy my fusion cartridges @ ebay.  this ebay seller sells it 4 $13.99 with an added $2.50 for shipping.  thankfully i bought approximately 7  8-packs.  however.... this seller currently doesn't have it in stock 4 the past 2 months. :'(   anyways.... i'm hoping he stocks more of the fusion soon.

WARHAWK O0

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 04:46:23 AM »
Thanks Warhawk 4 the lowdown on that. out here they are around the same price.

The manual Fusion is on sale for 6 dollars and comes with 2 cartridges.I figured by buying 4 i was saving myself quite a bit of money on them.

jusbnme

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 05:46:41 AM »
Both of them were on sale for 6.99 in my local supermarket(normally priced at 16.99). I bought 4 of each,in part for the cartridges alone.

I used the Manual Fusion for the first time and it gave me the smoothest most shadow free shave that I have ever had from any razor. I think possibly the vibration on the power was failing to get the hair close enough down which is odd because their marketing says this is exactly what the Power version aims to do.

Has anyone else compared these two?(I know Warhawk uses the Fusion manual)

I have noticed the same thing JDog.  When I first gave the Fusion a try I purchased the power model and it did do a good job.  But every now and then it seemed like I had to apply some pressure to get certain spots.  After a few weeks I bought a manual Fusion just to test it out.  It did seem that the manual version did a better job as far as giving me a smoother, closer shave.  I was thinking the same thing as you.  Maybe the vibrations make it skip some spots now and then.  I don't know but since then I have stuck with my manual.  That is when I have to use the Fusion.  I had given it up for a while because of dishing out the high dollars for it.  But it really is one of the best razors in my opinion if you can afford to shell out the dough. 

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 08:14:54 AM »
Love my Fusion manual.  Never compared it to the electric as--like Warhawk pointed out--I can't imagine it could get any closer than it already does, man.

Might try the Mach III sometime---maybe, maybe not.   

Started with the Fusion and have always used the Fusion......if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 08:27:47 AM by Robmeister »

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2007, 06:13:46 PM »
There is a spray that you can get called Shaver Saver that you spray on the blade after a shave and it evidentlys prolongs the life of the blade.

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2007, 06:48:50 PM »
oh....jdog.....i almost 4got.  i believe slyinkc tried both the fusion manual & power.  i think he preferred the manual over the power.  hey slyinkc.... if  u  r  reading this.... please respond & give us your input.

WARHAWK O0

I got a fusion phantom powered version when they were on sale for $11.99, including 4 blades at Costco.  The first week of using the power, I didn't like it because it seemed to cause me to knick myself when shaving (mainly) my face.  I kept turning the power off to use it as a manual, but the positioning of the on/off switch kept causing me to accidentally turn the power back on.  Anyway, after a couple of week using it, I think I got he hang of it and I kinda liked the power, especially on my head.  Face was still a little tricky.  If you don't like the power, you'll have to take the battery out.

After I ran out of blades I haven't bought any others and I reverted back to a cheaper blade.  It's been almost a couple of months now, and I think I'll probably buy some more, because the fusion really does give the best and closest shave I gotten.  Just hate shelling out $3/blade.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 06:50:43 PM by SLYinKC »
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2007, 12:25:00 AM »
I think I'm about to ditch the Fusion for my face.  It's just not doing a great job.  Though, if I do, I'll let you guys know since I have a years supply of the blades.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

JohnMont

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2007, 01:19:33 AM »
Fusion Manual user here.  Really love it.  Started with it, and haven't tried anything else.  Gets my dome super smooth; virtually no cuts or nicks.  I'm sticking with the Fusion !

John

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2007, 04:45:17 PM »
jdog....hey brah!  check out ebay...there is a seller from australia named "fly1705" selling some manual fusion cartridges.  hopefully... he can save ya some $$$ since he is based from your neck of the woods.  let me know...if this helps. O0

WARHAWK O0

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2007, 05:44:36 PM »
Warhawk thanks for the info bro. I am in the process of signing up to ebay, I dont have an account on there yet. Will keep an eye out for that seller!!

Shine on!! O0

Enter your email address: