Author Topic: Man... my job sucks!!!  (Read 7761 times)

BaldRob

Man... my job sucks!!!
« on: November 09, 2006, 05:52:42 PM »
I have to go to Hawaii for 10 days at the end of November!  Everyone feel my pain...  ;D

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Man... my job sucks!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 06:14:43 PM »
That's just like my job.  I have to go to Vegas in January.

What island are you going to?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 07:46:11 PM »
Okay rub it in a bit more.  My job takes me to exotic places like Iraq, and Korea.  I can’t complain too much I have also been to some pretty sweet places.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 11:15:20 AM »
Okay rub it in a bit more.  My job takes me to exotic places like Iraq, and Korea.  I can’t complain too much I have also been to some pretty sweet places.

We all thank you for doing your guard work!  It's a very honorable job.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 11:16:28 AM »
I forgot to mention the reason I'm going to Vegas is for the Consumer Electronics Show.  This also happens to be the same weekend as the AVN Awards... :o

BaldRob

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 06:08:24 PM »
I forgot to mention the reason I'm going to Vegas is for the Consumer Electronics Show.  This also happens to be the same weekend as the AVN Awards... :o

Tell you what Tyler... you go to Hawaii, teach the USMC, go into the field with them while they evaluate the radio... and I'll go to the AVN Awards in Vegas!  Deal?  8)

I'll be on Oahu... for 10 days!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 06:41:21 PM »
LOL!  I would trade you spots Rob, but I don't think you would ever get to work with the USMC again.  So for the sake of your career, I'm going to have to decline your offer.

I ocassionally have some perks with my job.  I got to meet Mya Luanna this week while whe was working the HusterTV booth at the trade show I was at.  http://www.myspace.com/myaluanna

Oahu is cool!  Just make sure you do a croc dundee test on the "women" that you meet in Waikiki.

BaldRob

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 08:32:51 AM »
Just make sure you do a croc dundee test on the "women" that you meet in Waikiki.

Of everything that everyone has told me about Hawaii, that, I must say is probably the most useful piece of information I have received!!!!  You're da man Tyler!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2006, 12:19:25 PM »
Of everything that everyone has told me about Hawaii, that, I must say is probably the most useful piece of information I have received!!!!  You're da man Tyler!!

Just looking out for you bro!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2006, 11:21:37 AM »
You’re welcome.  I am actually one of those wierd individual who enjoy the job (most of the time).  How many other jobs offer the opportunities help other people of this world and learn so much crazy stuff?
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2006, 03:35:10 PM »
I was going to go to Hawaii but I didn't because I just wanted to relax.

I don't want to be bothered by hot Hawaiin girls constantly asking me to take them out, stuffing numbers in my pocket and buying me drinks.

Sometimes a guy just wants to be left alone on a beach with a beer without hot girls fawing over him.

BaldRob

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2006, 08:21:46 AM »
Hi Everyone...

Just a quick update... I'm still in Hawaii!  Dammit!!

The trip has been great so far, but it's hard to believe I have to go back to the frozen MidWest in a couple of days...

The weather has been absolutely beautiful, even when it rained most of the day on Saturday...  Scenery around here is great and so are the picturesque views of the beautiful beaches and mountains.

The job has been going very well and it looks like I'll probably be back here in a few months to do some more training.

Well, off to work... I'll be home Saturday morning to try and catch up on the one biiiiilllllllliiiiiooooon posts that I've missed on here of the course of my trip!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2006, 08:33:39 AM »
You’re welcome. I am actually one of those wierd individual who enjoy the job (most of the time). How many other jobs offer the opportunities help other people of this world and learn so much crazy stuff?
i work with a guy that is like you bro. he LOVES the guard. and i respect that. but some times i wish he would turn the military attitude off. owell he still cool.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2006, 09:14:04 AM »
hey rob! sounds like you got it rough, if you need a helper on one of those trips i will be glad to help you out on that. ;D

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!