Author Topic: Need advice- time to give up and buzz/ go sly?  (Read 4196 times)

Offline brigcon89

• Learning the way of Sly
Need advice- time to give up and buzz/ go sly?
« on: July 28, 2018, 12:29:33 PM »
Hi guys,

New member here! (well first post on the site!)  ;D  I'm 28 years old and my hair has been thinning the past 10 years, however pace has picked up over the last 2/3 years.  Baldness is on my dads side and many of my uncles and cousins are now sporting the sly/ buzzed look look.

I have spent the past couple of months thinking of going to a buzz cut as my hair loss is getting very obvious and I'm fed up with trying to style my hair in ways to hide it. I'm not sure however if I have the features to pull it off (head shape/ beard length etc). Do you think my current hairstyle is acceptable, or would I look better buzzed?

I have attached some pics for you to judge.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Need advice- time to give up and buzz/ go sly?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 01:06:59 PM »
Well, there is definitely no hiding your balding. I think you would look great with a #2 buzzcut. It will look clean and rugged.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 06:05:21 AM »
i agree with reddog its time for a buzz cut,and keep the beard.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 05:37:03 PM »
I will go a step further and say just go ahead and shave it.  You will look great, you will like it, and since you have family members already shaving, you should not get any flack from family members, they already expect it.  The balding is not going to get any better.

Keep the beard, and let it gain some length, at least more than stubble.
SlyBeard

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 05:59:01 PM »
Yup time to buzz that head!!! Try a #2 or #1. Evey guy is nervous before completely shaving his head, so that's why most go shorter kind of gradually. And yeah, keep the beard.

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 08:40:58 PM »
+1
Roger

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 12:47:54 AM »
I would definitely go no guard....That bald spot isn't doing you any favors, IMO
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2018, 01:18:58 AM »
The guys have said it all.  Buzz down and if you still itch to go sly, the  go sly.  Nothing wrong with your features, so no worries there.  As for facial hair, there are no rules, if you want clean shaven thats fine but some like stubble and some a beard.  Do what makes YOU happy.

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2018, 05:12:13 AM »
You are definitely balding and no way to hide it,  Go for shoer buzz and then soon after a full shave.  Stop worrying about it and enjoy

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2018, 12:24:55 AM »
Hi guys,

New member here! (well first post on the site!)  ;D  I'm 28 years old and my hair has been thinning the past 10 years, however pace has picked up over the last 2/3 years.  Baldness is on my dads side and many of my uncles and cousins are now sporting the sly/ buzzed look look.

I have spent the past couple of months thinking of going to a buzz cut as my hair loss is getting very obvious and I'm fed up with trying to style my hair in ways to hide it. I'm not sure however if I have the features to pull it off (head shape/ beard length etc). Do you think my current hairstyle is acceptable, or would I look better buzzed?

I have attached some pics for you to judge.

yeah, buzz #1 or #2 would be a stronger look for ya. sorry to say what you have now looks desperate. (I was same.)

of you keep the beard, keep it stubble only. Growing it out kills the definition of your face and jawline. That's great for older dudes, esp fat ones,  to hide their sagging facial features. You're young and don't need to.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2018, 05:06:49 AM »
Shave it!