Author Topic: Bald by Choice  (Read 9322 times)

Offline Wiremu

• Sly Jr.
Re: Bald by Choice
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2018, 06:10:46 PM »
so I still have a decent head of hair. 

This, I have found, is a major problem...for other people. They'll be saying you've got heaps of hair, why on earth are you shaving it off? I've tried explaining in the past but it just goes over their (hair topped) head. Some things you just need to feel for yourself.

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2018, 03:49:49 AM »
You’re right.  I feel like I’ve had to explain my decision constantly. 

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2018, 04:02:28 AM »
I enjoy the feeling of being bald.  I see now, after completing the 30 day challenge, that it takes a period of time to add shaving my head into my grooming routine.   Thanks for the support, guys.

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2018, 04:11:38 AM »
I enjoy the feeling of being bald.  I see now, after completing the 30 day challenge, that it takes a period of time to add shaving my head into my grooming routine.   Thanks for the support, guys.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2018, 09:13:50 AM »
Since I've been BBC over 5 years now, if anyone asks why, I tell them I tried growing it back and it has gotten pretty thin in some areas, so I shave the rest off. While it isn't true, they accept that as a reason for shaving my head. Everyone is used to my haircut, I would probably get more questions if I grew it back.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2018, 07:28:50 PM »
I started as BBC.  Technically, I had noticed some slight thinning, but my hair started so thick the no one other than myself could detect the thinning.  But I had been telling myself for years that I would shave at the first sign of thinning, so I did.  I instantly though I should have shaved sooner, because I liked it better than having hair.  That was about 8 years ago, and I have been shaved ever since.  Except for a few times I let it grow a few weeks just to see how the thinning had progressed. I can now say that nature has caught up, I have almost no hair on top.  In fact, I now regularly just shave just the fringe, and only shave the top about once per week.
SlyBeard

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2018, 01:00:03 PM »
we shouldnt have to explain to anyone why we shave our heads,all they need to do is take us the way we are thats it.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2018, 01:25:32 PM »
True Scooby, after we first take a razor to our head, they have no choice but accept it.

I think it is different for us BBC guys. If you're balding and shave it, people understand your decision. If you have a full head of hair, they can't understand why you would shave it all off. Another thing I tell people that ask is that I could give them lots of reasons, but basically I like it shaved.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Mav

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2018, 12:15:36 PM »
My fiancee had the biggest issue as she said she doesn't find bald men attractive, she always had a thing for the boy and style haircuts i sported in my younger years. But now she just accepts it, however her eyes lit up when I suggested due to my constant irritation I might grow my hair back.

I'm not going to,I hated how my hair looked prior to shaving, it was patchy and thin and I felt self conscious about it all the time. Now I don't care I think I suit it bald and everyone else says it suits me now they've got used to it.

It seems loved ones and close family are the ones who have the biggest reactions but they soon he used to it.

Don't feel the need to justify to anyone mate, it's your hair do what you want. Heck if you want to get a hair piece get one! The stigma of men wearing a hair piece is ridiculous considering no one bats an eye at women doing fake hair extensions or wigs all these years.

Anyway I digress. Bald is best. End of! 😁

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2018, 04:30:11 PM »
well said mav i had the same problem with my hair as you did so i shaved it off and my wife of 25 years loves my bald head.