Author Topic: 1/2 Way into the 30-day Rule  (Read 3288 times)

Offline BigJinTX

• Sly Guy in Training
1/2 Way into the 30-day Rule
« on: November 11, 2016, 09:56:51 AM »
Hey Guys.  I'm 15 days into my first 30 days.  Still, no regrets.  Some things I've experienced may help other new guys:

1.  Interesting how many people that I know and see daily that DON'T say anything re/the change... Maybe because I had taken to cutting my hair so short they didn't recognize?  Maybe their mothers told them that if they didn't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all?  Maybe they're jealous? 

2.  Since I made the decision (even before I did it) I've noticed more and more shaved heads.  I know others have made the same comment.  Can confirm.

3.  I'm more addicted to shaving my head daily than I expected.  I had already come to feel "not ready" to face the world without shaving my face; that has progressed to my head as well.  Missed one day so far, and didn't feel "right".

3a.  I didn't expect to dislike the "velcro" feel as much as I do when I miss a day.  I absolutely hate it.

Question: What should I do with this goatee?  Shave it?  Trim it?  Let it grow?  Maintain it?  I work in a professional environment, in sales, dealing with business owners face-to-face daily.

All in all, best decision I've made regarding my appearance.  Maybe ever.  Thanks again for all the positivity, insight, support, etc. blah blah blah...  Really, a good group of guys.

Big J in TX

Offline dshupe

• Sly
Re: 1/2 Way into the 30-day Rule
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 01:15:50 PM »
Congratulations on your half way mark!  I think your experiences so far are very much in line with mine.  I have not had ANYONE to say anything to me at all about me shaving my head except for the positive encouragement from the guys here and you are right, this is really a great groups of guys.

As for your goatee, I think you look very professional with with it and I would maintain it.  It is funny how shaving your head is very much an addiction...at least that's a good addiction to have!!!!  Congratulations again!!!
 8)

Offline ThePangolin

• Sly
  • Outdoorsman, Officer, Saved by Jesus Christ
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 01:34:15 PM »
i think you look very clean and professional either way, but i do think clean shaven in your avatar looks better on you... looks younger and more, debonair, i guess. The goatee is good too though, looks a little more aggressive/rebel/power... idk, depends what effect youre going for i guess!

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 06:27:05 PM »
Looks good either way. Very professional.
And I  can tell you after 12+years of shaving the pleasure of a smooth dome does not go away.
Roger

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2016, 05:51:03 AM »
You will never go back with hair.  You look great with no hair.  I was a professional and shaved hair many  many years ago when it was not as common as now,  Got a few comments but that was fine.  I am in TX also.

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2016, 08:26:09 AM »
The goatee suits you.  I'd keep it.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2016, 08:49:55 AM »
I think that you look younger and more robust without the facial hair.