Author Topic: Edge Activecare Products  (Read 2226 times)

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
Edge Activecare Products
« on: August 28, 2007, 12:16:24 PM »
I was perusing the men's shaving aisle this morning and I found myself getting totally overloaded with the choice of gel's, creams and other shaving options we have.
Gillette has a gel to match each razor. I wonder if there is a difference?

I noticed the Edge line of activecare (in tubes, not cans) and wondered if these would be up to par with using KoS or Headslick?
Has anyone used one of the types offered from this line? I didn't see a review in the older posts.

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
Re: Edge Activecare Products
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 12:28:49 PM »
I tried the peppermint-style shave cream and was totally unimpressed.  It didn't work well for headshaving -- not a smooth shave, seemed to clog easily.  I tried using it occasionally for my face and didn't really enjoy that either.  Based on that experience, I haven't tried any of their other 'flavors.'  I would be interested if anyone else has had better experiences with those products.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 05:52:14 PM »
I'm not a big fan of the Edge gel for head shaving.  As Stew said, it clogs the razor too much and doesn't provide a very slick shave.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 01:20:59 PM »
Thanks for the replies fellas, two nays was all I need for my decision.
I am going to stick with the Headslick and KoS. I must say I am getting the closest shaves lately with the Alpha gel and HB; add the atra plus blades in the equation and you have a very competent trio.
I know one of the brudda's posts said " if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
 O0

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 07:24:59 PM »
DANG!!!!  i bought the edge activecare cream in the tube last week.... and used it on the face.  it gave me a "not so clean face shave".  it clogged my fusion several times. >:( 

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!