Author Topic: Advice on what to buy please  (Read 2613 times)

Offline Argyle

• Super Sly
    • The Mighty Pilgrims
Advice on what to buy please
« on: August 28, 2007, 12:13:57 PM »
Hi Sly Guys,

I didnt realise that you could buy headblade in the UK however i have found a Site that stocks it and a load of other products i read you guys talking about. 

So at the moment i use a Gillette Fusion which is kinda like, but find the moisturising strip lasts no time at all, in general i think it is comparable to the Mach III.  So, my questions:

1)  Would you recommend the Headblade above other shaving products?  If so why?

2)  Headlube is the other thing i have read about.  At the moment i just use supermarket gel, is there is discernable difference. 

Your help would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Argyle

A SBG's head shines so other SBG's always have the opportunity to see the reflection of how good they look!

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
Re: Advice on what to buy please
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 12:38:33 PM »
I am a die hard Headblade user, but some guys just can't get the hang of it.  You'll really only know if you try one.  Just be sure to give it some time and patience as you learn to use it.  Considering that it is not really too expensive, it's a gamble worth taking.  The Headlube that you mentioned is not a shaving product; it is a lotion to apply after your shave -- comes in shiny or matte finishes.  I find that both work fine, but I use something much cheaper -- Afta skin conditioner by Mennen.  The product you were probably trying to find is Headslick, which is the shaving cream by Headblade.  I hands-down believe it is the best shave cream available for the price.  It's also great for face shaving, and anywhere else you might want to shave.  That is my 2 cents; I hope it helps.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 12:51:37 PM »
I think the Headblade Sport and HeadSlick is the way to go myself.

I've said before, I shave in the shower.  You don't really need a mirror.  I have HeadSlick in one hand and my HeadBlade in the other... I close my eyes and feel and shave, rinsing the HeadBlade in the shower spray.  Works great!  I'm done in 5 - 8 minutes, rinse and then hit the scalp with cold water before I get out.   O0

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 12:56:22 PM »
Hey Argyle,
I echo what Stew said; I am also a Headblade user and since I am fairly new to the sly side (coming up on my first month) I highly recommend it and if you just take it slow, and keep your pressure towards the back, you will be fine.
It takes a couple of shaves to get comfortable with the feel of the Headblade itself, but once you do it really becomes second nature.
Do you remember when you first started shaving your face? That was a bit awkward too, wasn't it?
I also recommend picking up the Headslick if you can. As you will read in other posts, most of us find this topnotch for shaving the noggin, or face as Stew says.
I haven't been able to find the headlube yet, but I hear it is very good also.

Good luck with it, and go slow!    O0

Joe

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 01:00:56 PM »
I think the Headblade Sport and HeadSlick is the way to go myself.

I've said before, I shave in the shower.  You don't really need a mirror.  I have HeadSlick in one hand and my HeadBlade in the other... I close my eyes and feel and shave, rinsing the HeadBlade in the shower spray.  Works great!  I'm done in 5 - 8 minutes, rinse and then hit the scalp with cold water before I get out.   O0

Sarge, that's it in a nutshell! I see we have the same routine. Key is, "feel the shave".    O0

X The Hierophant

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 01:19:08 PM »
Yeah ... ditto to what these guys said.

Personally I prefer:
(1) Headblade Sport
(2) Headslick (best shaving cream I have found)
(3) Headlube (I prefer Matte)

I also have tried Headshed, but don't feel it's necessary as shaving is an exfoliant by itself.

I ordered a good bit of this stuff before my first shave and have shaved with the Headblade Sport and Headslick since day #1.  It's tricky at first and took over 20 minutes the first time I shaved, but now I can shave in under 10 minutes easy.

Good luck O0

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 01:28:24 PM »
Even though I've gone to a #1 buzz cut, I still use the HeadSlick for shaving the face. Far & away, the best shave cream you can find.

Cheers.
Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 01:44:16 PM »
Afraid I just have to jump on the bandwagon with the HeadBlade and Headslick.  Once you get the hang of the blade there is nothing like it and the slick is just freaking awesome for a close, smooth shave.  The Headlube Glossy is great for getting and keeping a great shine.  Hope this helps.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost