Author Topic: New wet shaving supply AND barber shop!  (Read 2459 times)

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
New wet shaving supply AND barber shop!
« on: June 20, 2016, 07:29:58 AM »
Just returned from a lovely weekend in st petersburg FL with my wife and awesome little puppy.  While on vacation I did a search for local "shave supplies" (like I always do... Darn GAS lol) and the only result within the area was a barber shop with no mention of selling any supplies.  I just saw my local barber for a good head shave and beard trim before I left so I just passed it over and moved on.  Later that night we to out to dinner and just so happen to walk by the barber shop I found online and the first thing I see is a display case the length of a pickup truck containing EVERY SINGLE currently produced model of merkur and Parker saftey razor (I held a $100 gold plated futur that I probably would own if my wife wasn't there to remind me of saving for a house haha) as well as several feather straights and a few other straights I was not familiar with brand wise.  Prices ranged from $20 for a basic Parker or merkur all the way up to $100 for the gold plated futur.  Then I turn around and see this guy carries every type of de blade you can imagine! I picked up a pack of gillette 7 o'clock yellows and feather hi stainless (black) to try on my head since I'm really going to force myself to get comfortable with de on my dome.  Brushes, strops, stands, travel cases...the list goes on and on.  I highly suggest you taking time to visit this shop if you go to st pete FL.  It's called The Shave Cave and is in the sundial shopping center in dt st pete. It doesn't look like he ships these products since his primary business is the barber aspect but the wet shave supply stock was the best I've ever seen in person.  Put those stupid "art of shaving" or whatever they are called places to shame.

Keep it slick and always shiny,
Ian

Bearded, Bald By Choice, and breathin' the Florida ocean air

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
Re: New wet shaving supply AND barber shop!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 08:10:41 AM »
Sounds like a great find!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Re: New wet shaving supply AND barber shop!
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 11:58:13 PM »
Wow, thanks for that info.  I will definitely make a pilgrimage to that place when I move down to Florida in November.