Author Topic: Mach vs Venus  (Read 13568 times)

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
Mach vs Venus
« on: November 06, 2006, 07:11:45 PM »
This just might be me, so I figured to check if anyone else out there has realize it, too.  For a while with so much traveling, I would use my wife’s razor to shave my head.  She used the Venus, the women’s version of the Mach3.  After using it for a few shaves of the old dome, I felt her blades lasted longer then my Mach3 blade did.  (this was before I converted to HeadBlade)  Has anyone else even used the Venus razors?  Anyone notice the same thing with other lines?

"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Mach vs Venus
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 01:51:17 AM »
I have to say, it's really funny you posted this.  I was talking to a guy tonight that shaves his head and I was asking him what he used.  He replied "venus, it's the best!"  I couldn't believe it...mostly because I never thought what it would be like.  But he said that it contoured to his head better than men's razors.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline agassi

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 05:41:35 PM »
ive used the venus for my face the venus blade fits my mach3 razer

Bald_freak

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 04:54:54 PM »
If I could put Venus blades on the Head blade body I'd be in total heaven. Mach 3 Blows!!! I'll take the chic's razor over that on any day.

jusbnme

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 06:50:31 PM »
If I could put Venus blades on the Head blade body I'd be in total heaven. Mach 3 Blows!!! I'll take the chic's razor over that on any day.

Yeah, I have to agree with you there on the Mach 3 as of late.  I had given the HB another try but kept nicking behind my ear and roughing my face up so I went back to using my old Mach 3 with the HeadSlick.  I don't know if I just got a bad batch of blades or what.  But I could not do much with any of them.  Either they felt as if they were scraping my dome up or they just didn't want to give a close cut.  So I actually went against my better judgment because of money issues and bought a 4 pack of the Fusion blades since I still have the Fusion razor I had bought a while back.  I'm going to use this until I figure something else out.  I'm actually thinking of giving the Venus a try after hearing what everyone is saying about it. 

Does it really contour to your head that good?  Why does it?  Is it something like the Shick bendable razors? 

Bald_freak

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 05:24:56 PM »
I think it pivots the best, the blades seem to last a lot longer, and I've never sliced my noggin on a Venus head. Awesome razor, they should of marketted it for both sexes.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 08:31:54 AM »
how do they work on your face? aren't the heads kinda big? just curious because i am not real thrilled with mach III lately and fusion is too rich for my blood. it has been hard to get even a decent shave on my face lately. i blame the machIII. if these venus things work good on the face i will have to give them a try.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Bald_freak

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 01:40:59 PM »
how do they work on your face? aren't the heads kinda big? just curious because i am not real thrilled with mach III lately and fusion is too rich for my blood. it has been hard to get even a decent shave on my face lately. i blame the machIII. if these venus things work good on the face i will have to give them a try.

I still use venus alot on my face Paul. Razor's size makes it a little difficult around the ears, other than that It's great on the face or the dome. Buy one for your gal, then try it out. If you don't like it then she'll have a new razor.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 05:59:31 PM »
she may have some. i'll get back to ya on that.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

jusbnme

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2007, 08:01:26 PM »

You might want to give the Schick Extreme 3 a try if you haven't ever tried them yet.  They're not too bad.  Especially on the face.  It's what I used when I first started shaving my dome, and what I'm thinking of going back to.  I like the Fusion but like you said it is a little too rich for my blood too.  My Mach 3 has been giving me the same problem.  Another reason why I had thought of the Schick again was because I remember the blades on that thing would stay sharper than my Mach 3 blades.  The best thing about it though is that the blades bend and sort of form to the shape of your head.  It always cut down on shaving time for me because I would cover more area than any other razor.  I'm talking about the refillable one now.  Not the disposables.  Even though some people on here have said they are ok the disposables never worked too well for me.  I believe the one I'm speaking of is called "Schick Extreme 3 Subzero."  I've noticed the actual razor handle you purchase has gotten scarce in some places but the blades are usually at most stores.  The even have a generic form of the Schick that has bendable blades at Wal-Mart and K-Mart called Tri-Flexx.  Or something like that.  I haven't had the guts to try it out though.  I'm always skeptical about generic blades on the dome.  I may have to give it a go soon though because the initial handle with 1 cartridge is pretty cheap as is the refill blades.  Anyone ever heard of this "Tri-Flexx" thing?

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2007, 09:42:43 PM »
Lance, I have seen the tri flexx in CVS and Walgreens, and thought it was a generic brand copy of the Mach III with flexible blades thrown into the mix.
I have seen the refills plenty of times and wondered if they fit on the HB with the adaptor. I will have to look again and see if this is true.
I also have heard the Gillette custom plus is pretty good for a disposable too, if you want to go that route. Let me know if you try it and how it works out. I will pick them up too and let you know how I like them.
I am always looking for a smooth and close shaver for cleanup around the ears that will get in close with no irritation or nicks.

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2007, 10:46:56 PM »
I think it pivots the best, the blades seem to last a lot longer, and I've never sliced my noggin on a Venus head. Awesome razor, they should of marketted it for both sexes.

They could call the men's version 'Mars.'  Sorry, I couldn't resist the obvious bad humor.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2007, 11:20:05 PM »
They could call the men's version 'Mars.'  Sorry, I couldn't resist the obvious bad humor.
Wish I could think that quick Stew
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2007, 11:45:16 PM »

:*))

Lance, the Tri-Flexx are basically generic Sensor 3 blades.  They fit any sensor handle, and the sensor blades will fit on the Tri-Flexx handle.  You can also use the Tri-flex blades with the sensor adaptor on the headblade.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Bald_freak

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2007, 04:15:07 PM »
Wish I could think that quick Stew

Even though he was joking, that's not a bad idea. Mars was the god of war, which would be a great promo; show a guy going into a bar on ladies night with a fresh shaved dome "Prepare for war, Use Mars"