Author Topic: Pondering Staying Bald  (Read 13953 times)

Offline 5125

• Sly Guy in Training
Pondering Staying Bald
« on: March 30, 2016, 11:07:30 PM »

I shaved my head about 3 weeks ago. I don't have thinning hair, I just wanted to see what it would look like. It's grow a decent amount, however I think I want to shave it off again including the beard, which I did shave off a week after. I'm just afraid I look too similar to a neo-Nazi.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Re: Pondering Staying Bald
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 11:11:46 PM »
I wouldn't worry about it.  The whole "skinhead" thing is in the past.  And besides, shaved heads are now very mainstream.  Lot of guys, including myself, are Bald By Choice. 

A shaved head is just another haircut.  That is how people perceive it these days.

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 05:09:01 AM »
shaved heads are indeed fairly comm0m these days, becoming more mainstream.  I have always like having little or no hair even many years ago.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 05:17:03 AM »
The bald head suits you.   Give it a full 30 days before deciding.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 06:35:49 AM »
I agree with the gentlemen before me, the negative stigma of the bald head has faded away.

If you like your head shaved, that is all that matters.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline kerryman

• Sly
  • Life is what you make of it
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 07:51:29 AM »
try the 30 days .You might want to trim the beard a bit until it thickens  though looks a tad untidy
Some men see things as they are and say why ?. I dream things things that never were and ask: why not ??

Offline amatlock2778

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 12:07:51 PM »
try the 30 days .You might want to trim the beard a bit until it thickens  though looks a tad untidy

Completely agree, all you really need to change is to trim that beard. The only difference is i think you should maintain it trimmed. Redheads look best with neatly trimmed beards or no facial hair in my opinion. But keep the shaved head. You rock that look other than the aforementioned suggestions about your beard.
Bald by chioce, never going back

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 05:20:09 PM »
The  main thing is to do what YOU want to do.  However, I suggest you give the shaved head a 30 day trial before making a decision.  As for the beard, either trim it or let it grow long.  Now, it is in the "in between" stage.

My other suggestion, you are young and have no reason not to alternate styles, live with them for some time, and settle in to what you like best.  Your head hair may not last long, so if you want to try a hair style, do it now while you still can.  As to the beard, have fun with it.  It will only get thicker as you age.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 08:44:20 AM by slybeard »
SlyBeard

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 08:51:09 PM »
The bald head really suits you.  Like the others have said, trim the beard up a little and you'll have a good look.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2016, 05:30:53 AM »
My beard used to be close to the color of your beard.  I agree on the other's comments about the beard.

Head looks great. Give it a full 30 days before you decide.  Some color will come in. You and friends/family will have some time to adjust. I'm BBC, too. It took awhile to come to terms with my new look.  I was committed to staying bald, but realizing that the guy in the mirror with no hair on top didn't jibe with my view of myself for several months.  Now, it's just me. 

Bald is very common around here. I see many bald or nearly bald guys every day. And I see many bald guys on TV /movies/billboards.  They all reinforce my decision to shave my head.

Enjoy being bald. Good choice.

Offline 4fit

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2016, 07:54:32 AM »
 I think you look great bald, like mentioned maybe a little beard trim and your good to go. As far as the whole bald thing in general I don't see it as a big deal. I feel I see as many bald dudes as ones with hair. Possibly I just notice the slick ones more but at any rate there are plenty of them out there so you are not to feel alone. You know what they say "real men grow hair on their face, not their head". Well maybe they don't say that, it's not important. Just do what makes you feel good about yourself. That's really all that matters. Enjoy!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2016, 09:45:02 AM »
Another vote for keeping it sly and trimming the beard. Welcome!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2016, 12:27:34 PM »
Welcome.   All the others are on the money, keep it and give yourself time to get used to it.   If anythiing, do as suggested with the beard or try different beard styles with it for a change up.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2016, 07:43:20 AM »
It s a keeper to me, trim the beard a little bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Nickd

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2016, 10:22:37 AM »
I'd say if you like it keep it. One of the best parts of being bald is the summer weather. You'll love the way the sun and warm breezes feel. You can always grow it back any time. Like everyone else said, trim up the beard and you'll be rocking the look.