Author Topic: 21 - Introduction  (Read 1923 times)

Offline mrlondonguy

• Learning the way of Sly
21 - Introduction
« on: February 16, 2016, 09:57:27 AM »
Hey,
I'm 21 and started noticing I was loosing my hair at 19. I am half Italian, so through my teenage years I had thick dark hair. I still have a lot of it at the moment, but the top of my head is much thinner and is receding at the sides. I style my hair in the way I always have liked, short back and sides with a longer top swept to the sides, this has obviously worked to my advantage now.

I have always been confident about my looks and very image conscious, though recently I have found loosing my hair a bit more emotionally draining. When I first found out I was very upset, but over the course of a year and a half I have come to terms with it more. I feel I am getting close to the point where i cant cover it up and need to shave it, though I am having the classic (from reading this forum) problems of 'my head is a funny shape' and 'are people going to find me attractive like this in my 20's? A strange bonus I have is my mum has alopitia, so she has been supportive. I have also just come out of a two year relationship and I am still dating, though unsure when is it right to mention my hair loss and how to react if its a problem?

I have read about minoxidil and that weird pill you can take and have come to conclusion of, its a pain in the ass to use this sh*t, some of the side effects are terrible and also I want to STOP looking in the mirror all the time at my hair. This is pretty much ruled out for me, but maybe some has some advice?

Iv come on here basically looking for some advice, encouragement and people of all ages (but especially of my age) who can relate and advice me.

Offline jbrit25

• Sly
Re: 21 - Introduction
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 11:34:59 AM »
Its hard to get the full idea without a picture of your hairloss. I took minoxidil, aka Rogaine, for a bit but it dried and irritated my scalp to the point I couldn't stand it. Plus it didn't really help. Good thing is bald is a hairstyle now. It was one of the scariest things I ever did, but after I did it I was relieved. Also, 90% of the feedback has been positive. Again, post a picture or two if you don't mind. That will increase the feedback you get.

Also, I'm guessing you are from London by your forum name... are you a Spurs supporter by chance?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 11:37:21 AM by jbrit25 »
Roll Tide!
COYS!

Offline mrlondonguy

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: 21 - Introduction
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 12:12:01 PM »
Its hard to get the full idea without a picture of your hairloss. I took minoxidil, aka Rogaine, for a bit but it dried and irritated my scalp to the point I couldn't stand it. Plus it didn't really help. Good thing is bald is a hairstyle now. It was one of the scariest things I ever did, but after I did it I was relieved. Also, 90% of the feedback has been positive. Again, post a picture or two if you don't mind. That will increase the feedback you get.

Also, I'm guessing you are from London by your forum name... are you a Spurs supporter by chance?

I might post a picture in the future, but I'm pretty sure I don't want to be taking this stuff and just rock the bald look! :) Yea im a londoner but football isn't my thing aha. Just looking to hear peoples experience with lobbing it off. I've heard most people say, like you, they feel much better after instead of trying to hang onto it.