Author Topic: "I would have told you not to do it, but seeing it now.."  (Read 4651 times)

Offline slybaldguy

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Pretty Sly for a White Guy
"I would have told you not to do it, but seeing it now.."
« on: January 25, 2016, 10:42:44 PM »
So I was downtown on business today, and my business partner's wife, whom I haven't seen since going sly, took a minute to realize I'd done away with the doo. She stops out of nowhere, looks at me, and says, "Wow! That looks great! If you asked me before doing it, I would have told you not to do it, but seeing it now, it looks really good on you!" Great feeling catching someone off guard and still walking away with compliments. I was also greeted by strangers in passing who all seemed.. respectful.. even going as far as to call me "sir", when, in the past, nobody even looked at me twice!

"I have decided to be happy because it's good for my health." - Voltaire

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: "I would have told you not to do it, but seeing it now.."
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 12:16:09 AM »
I understand what you mean...It seems like most men have commanded more respect after they go sly. Glad it's working out for you.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 05:11:50 AM »
PLUS.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 05:34:38 AM »
I was always amazed by so many positive comments after my first shave. I still get several positive comments whenever I change my Facebook photo. It sounds like you are enjoying your new style and confidence. Good on you! You look great.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 05:51:02 AM »
Great story, sir.

Glad your experience is so positive.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 10:49:41 AM »
That's awesome...glad it happened to you.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 08:36:36 PM »
So I was downtown on business today, and my business partner's wife, whom I haven't seen since going sly, took a minute to realize I'd done away with the doo. She stops out of nowhere, looks at me, and says, "Wow! That looks great! If you asked me before doing it, I would have told you not to do it, but seeing it now, it looks really good on you!" Great feeling catching someone off guard and still walking away with compliments. I was also greeted by strangers in passing who all seemed.. respectful.. even going as far as to call me "sir", when, in the past, nobody even looked at me twice!

Well I got just the opposite at dinner tonight when a family member brought up how awful I looked when I was fully sly!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 08:30:11 AM »
There always seems to be 1 or 2 that can't get used to you bald.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2016, 09:07:39 AM »

Glad you got positive reinforcement!  With regard to others seeming more "respectful", I noticed the same thing when I went sly.  It felt kind of strange.

Offline Adamski1972

• Super Sly
  • Bald and bold!
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 11:38:07 AM »
Brilliant story. It's always good to get positive comments from people to reinforce our decisions!