Author Topic: Just for Men beard dye sucks, but...  (Read 15200 times)

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Just for Men beard dye sucks, but...
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2015, 08:17:58 AM »
Just be natural for goodness sake! Get a grip and live as you are, who u are!!!!

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2015, 11:27:27 AM »
I tried the the light brown JFM Beard & Mustache about two years ago just to see if it would take the "edge" off the gray. It actually blended in well with the darker brown natural color, but I am glad I decided to drop it after it washed out for the twentieth or so time and just stick with what I am.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2015, 01:42:25 PM »
Just be natural for goodness sake! Get a grip and live as you are, who u are!!!!

Everybody comes to terms with it on his own timetable -- just like some people shave their heads completely at the first sign of thinning while others take it shorter in stages.  We all get there in the end.  There's nothing wrong to using a product to conceal a few grey hairs if you're not ready to deal with the issue yet.   :)

Offline beardbald

• Sly
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2015, 10:13:30 PM »
My natural hair colour is pretty non descript It's not blonde, it's not dark, it's just meh. When I fist started growing my beard it just wasn't strong enough to carry off the extra length, The first time I grew my beard I went too dark and I think I've now found a colour I'm happier with. I don't have a lot of grey in my beard and would be happy to have a grey beard but when the colour beds in and there's some grey in my beard I like how it looks.

And to respond to the "get a grip and be yourself comment"   I find that quite a closed comment and probably got my back up far more than I should have let it. People that are that judgemental are not worth rising to.

Any pics Rusty

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2015, 01:15:29 PM »

Based on your picture you shave your head, shave your cheeks, and trim your goatee.  I also imagine you have used modern medical and dental care, and from what I remember of history things like computers, phones, and digital cameras are not the product of nature.  Is clothing natural? Are tattoos natural? Are you living natural?   :popo

Humans have minds.  The huge benefit of what we are is that we can live lives beyond what nature stuck us with.  Right now the mixed colors look bad so I am correcting it, someday I might let it all be its natural color... if it's solid white but I might tint it light brown or blonde if it ends up a true gray. Maybe I'll try green on St. Patty's who knows?  All I know is that I'm not going to say "oh it's not natural so I'll just stick with what I've got".

For the record, I'm not writing this to sound like a big giant douche towards you  :) but I am trying to sound like a big giant douche to this social cliche that elevates the word "Natural" on a pedestal such that it is never to be questioned.  It stops thought.  It stops imagination.  It paralyzes ambition.
You don't know me, but I know you.

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2015, 02:37:25 PM »
Any pics Rusty

Yup.  I'll post some others in the other thread but here is me right after dying it:

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2015, 02:38:20 PM »
Duplicated post.  Cannot figure out how to delete this one.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 02:40:47 PM by Rusty Shackleford »

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2015, 03:13:26 PM »
Hey! Rusty, wondered what you looked like. Maybe I missed a picture along the way. The picture looks great.At least your not a mystery any more. Your advatar made me check my glasses.   O0
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 06:10:50 PM by Magoo »
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline beardbald

• Sly
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2015, 01:22:42 AM »
Beard still looks awesome

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2016, 08:32:13 AM »
Guys, no harm intended when i posted what i did. If it came across harsh, i apologise.

Just i have seen so many guys use dyes in hair and beards and they almost 'always' look so out of normal! You can see it is a dye so obviously. I hardly ever see any that look 'natural'.

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2016, 02:03:24 PM »
Guys, no harm intended when i posted what i did. If it came across harsh, i apologise.

Just i have seen so many guys use dyes in hair and beards and they almost 'always' look so out of normal! You can see it is a dye so obviously. I hardly ever see any that look 'natural'.

It's all good!  O0  I'm not a millennial so I don't need to run off to a safe space when someone has a differing opinion.   :*))

Also much of my response went off on a tangent on broader things that you only touched upon.  Tangents.  I do that. 

Like this one!  I think one of the problems with hair dying in general is that people often go to an extreme: we've all probably seen formerly brown-haired women who have gone gray so they dye their hair black.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 02:06:25 PM by Rusty Shackleford »

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2016, 09:56:41 PM »
Something to bear in mind when dyeing your beard is that it looks different under different lighting conditions, so how it appears in the mirror in your brightly lit bathroom may be completely different to how it looks in natural lighting.  And it will look different in bright sunshine vs an overcast day.  And at night time in dimly lit rooms the dyed parts can take on an almost glow-in-the-dark look.   Something I noticed when I was using JFM.  And I thInk that may be one reason why someone might think he's got a great dye job but it looks odd to everyone else who sees it in a different environment.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2016, 06:53:55 AM »
I fancy using boot polish on my goatee! lol

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2016, 09:59:31 AM »

Go for it! ;)

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2016, 11:27:31 AM »

Go for it! ;)

Lol. To be honest i prefer grey. It is a bit more grey now since i put that pic up. Age creeps up fast! 52 this year!!!