Author Topic: Just shaved! Need opinions/advice!  (Read 10847 times)

Offline TLN89

• Sly Jr.
Re: Just shaved! Need opinions/advice!
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2015, 01:08:44 AM »
You are right each time that I have shaved this week has been at night. How good of an idea is it to shave more than once in a day?

Yes, sunburns can be a pain. I would sometimes burn my scalp even with hair. 

Offline john.peachie

• A Texan working in N'Djamena, Chad
  • Sly
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2015, 01:24:33 AM »
I'd let your scalp determine frequency.  When I first shaved, I would have to wait at least a day before attempting another shave since it was pretty sensitive.  Fast forward a few months, and I can shave twice in a 24 hour period if needed without any discomfort, I generally shave daily and learned to live with the shadow. 

There are the few occasions that merit an evening shave (dinner at a restaurant, playing darts, social gatherings, etc.) but generally I just let it roll to the next morning.

If it is still feeling a bit sensitive you may want to rub a few drops of olive oil (a little goes a LONG way) it feels great, and it leaves a good shine without residue.
John

The best things in life are free, that's why I'm good for nothing...

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2015, 08:42:32 AM »
If the hair you are shaving is dark, you will have a shadow.  And as John said, the longer since you shaved, the darker the shadow.  On the plus side, when you go gray, the shadow will go away.
SlyBeard

Offline TLN89

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2015, 09:55:07 AM »
Thank you for your feedback! That is a good way of looking at it.

Offline TLN89

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2015, 11:34:22 PM »
Any suggestions on getting the back of your head shaved slick?

Offline Nickd

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2015, 02:47:31 PM »
Getting the back of your head smooth takes practice. Your hair can grow out in several directions. So it takes a few shaves to figure out the direction of the grain at different spots on the back of your head. IMO anyway.

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2015, 04:56:36 PM »
Sorry, but your head is just NOT suitable for public viewing.  The "creases" are "crevasses," and falling into a crevasse can be fatal.  I suggest a paper bag (with eyeholes) and staying inside until after sunset.  Only we of the 1% can pull off the look; the rest of the wannabes are so lame...

Do you believe any of this?  Thought not.

Best of luck and stop obsessing.

I can't say that every other guy seems to have a shaved head, but it's rare that a day goes by that I don't see at least one.

It does appear that the newest trend is not shaved heads but "man buns," and there is a point beyond which my tolerance will not go...  Just what are they trying to prove?

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2015, 08:52:50 PM »
A "man bun" is a non-sequitor.  It is as mythical a creature as a unicorn.  It is akin to that other fabled object - the "murse"!

Offline TLN89

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2015, 05:56:32 AM »
Come on now. Doesn't look that bad I hope! Just wanting opinions on the creases. May post more pictures later to get more feedback.

Offline MunkyMunk

• Sly
  • Won't shave below the neck
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2015, 08:27:17 PM »
Dude, you look great with a shaved head! We are all learning about our own heads as we shave them - what an amazing variety exists amongst all our bodies parts! It's part of being human. I didn't even register your "lines" until you pointed them out.
Keep rocking it!  O0

Offline TLN89

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2015, 12:35:15 AM »
I am still very unsure of how the "crevasses" or "lines" look when I shave. I have shaved three times total so far since I started and I am having a hard time continuing to do so because I don't know what to do with them. The other thing is that they seem to be more noticeable when I wake up and a little red which seems to go away after a few hours, but the indentions stay. Anything that I can do to make them less noticeable?

Offline MunkyMunk

• Sly
  • Won't shave below the neck
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2015, 01:41:33 PM »
The best way I've found to make my own flaws less noticeable is to focus on them a lot less. Stop staring at them. Stop telling myself I look weird because of them, etc.
Seriously.
Unless you're shorter than me, no one is looking at the top of your head, brother. 

Offline TLN89

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2015, 04:30:56 PM »
How do you do that? They are so noticeable to me.

Offline TLN89

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2015, 01:16:07 AM »
Is there anything at all that can be done to the indentions?

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2015, 04:52:54 AM »
Anything short of surgery, probably not. But even if you get surgery, will it make it any better? I think you should leave well enough alone, but that's just my opinion. They really don't detract from your sly head at all if you ask me.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.