Author Topic: Just shaved! Need opinions/advice!  (Read 10909 times)

Offline TLN89

• Sly Jr.
Just shaved! Need opinions/advice!
« on: November 05, 2015, 09:38:07 PM »
Hello everyone! Just started shaving this week.  Looking for some feedback. Also, I have some lines or indentions on each side of my head. Not really sure what to call them. Looking for some opinions on those also. Thank you all for your help.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 09:46:00 PM by TLN89 »

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
Re: Just shaved! Need opinions/advice!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 10:05:36 PM »
Welcome to the board, sir!

That smile summed it up for me. The look suits you well.

As for the lines, don't sweat them. They are nothing to worry about. They are just part of you. You probably are far more aware of them than anyone else who sees you. We tend to be our own worst critic.

Glad you joined us.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline TLN89

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 10:10:38 PM »
I appreciate your thoughts! I was laughing when the picture was being taken. I have a couple other pictures of the top of my head. Is there anything that I can do about the lines? Don't really know whether to post them or not. I hope that I can get it to where it doesn't seem as if I have a hair shadow.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 11:02:49 PM »
Welcome! It looks good to me...As far as the lines, they look like just little rolls of skin...they may flatten out over time, but if not, it's not a big deal...We all have some imperfections on our heads, but we eventually learn to brush them off. I take it that you had a full head of hair before you shaved, right?
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline john.peachie

• A Texan working in N'Djamena, Chad
  • Sly
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 03:00:16 AM »
Welcome to the group!  It's a good look on you, and agreed with the others about the lines, they do not even register on the "look at that!" scale....when I first shaved, my head resembled a very pale and shiny potato....I think I quit giving it any attention 2-3 weeks afterwards.  Congratulations on taking the step...feels good doesn't it???  O0
John

The best things in life are free, that's why I'm good for nothing...

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 04:16:56 AM »
I see the 'lines' on your head as just creases. It's just part of your signature.  Nothing to be concerned about. A few guys have deep lines especially in the back. I think that might get in the way of shaving, but not your's.

You carry the bald look very well. With the smile, it looks like you really enjoy the look.  As a BBC guy myself, whether you still have a full head of hair, partial balding, or significant balding, your shaved head looks good.

Offline TLN89

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 10:08:06 AM »
Thank you guys! I appreciate it! My hair has really thinned out on top. Plus, my hair line continues to recede. Hope this look works. I have noticed that it is hard to get the hairs our of the creases. Any suggestions?

Offline Nickd

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 10:23:25 AM »
My only advice is keep shaving. You rock the bald head for sure. I think the lines add character.

Offline TLN89

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 10:36:25 AM »
I can grow some hair. It always looks so much thicker on the sides and back. Even if I go no blade on the clippers. For whatever reason I don't like the difference. The creases are pretty noticeable to me. Hopefully they just add character like you guys say. Thank you again.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2015, 11:54:37 AM »
All of us have bumps, ridges, and/or creases on our heads.  I have areas the no matter how much I try to get them smooth, they still feel lake sandpaper.  But the hair there is still not noticeable.  You may try to pull the skin tight while you shave the problem areas.
SlyBeard

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2015, 07:25:01 PM »
You look like a natural.  I cannot imagine you with hair.  Enjoy the sly life.  I know I am.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2015, 07:37:44 PM »
You are looking great dude. Congradulations. Enjoy your new look.

Offline TLN89

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2015, 12:34:47 AM »
Thanks again! Is there anything I can do about the shadow that still seems to be there even though head feels slick? I appreciate everyone's feedback.

Offline bud

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2015, 12:42:14 AM »
looks great, keep it O0

Offline john.peachie

• A Texan working in N'Djamena, Chad
  • Sly
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2015, 01:05:56 AM »
I have fast growing hair, and dark roots which seems to hi-light the shadow affect.  If you are an evening shaver, your head has a 6-9 hour headstart on your appearance, so a morning shave may buy you a little more shadow free time.

Another consideration is skin color, immediately after the first shave your scalp is a few shades whiter than the rest of you, when you get a little sun on it the shadowing will feel a little slower...don't rush the tanning, only thing worse than a sunburned scalp, is the soles of your feet being burnt  :o
John

The best things in life are free, that's why I'm good for nothing...