Author Topic: "Spots" on Scalp  (Read 2611 times)

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
"Spots" on Scalp
« on: November 03, 2015, 08:40:49 PM »
Recently I have notices a proliferation of so-called "age" spots all over my scalp.  They really make me look old!  If I cannot find a way to have them removed I will have to grow hair again, (yes they are that bad) and I really don't want to to that.

Have any of you guys had any success in getting these things removed?

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: "Spots" on Scalp
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 10:46:52 PM »
Looking at your profile, I don't see anything. Can you post a picture?
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 06:04:32 PM »
The spots are from the sun and that nasty thing called aging. I wear a hat in the sun so my scalp is not bad at 73. But the back of my hand has some. I believe there is something that can be applied to make them lighter in color. Why not ask a dermatologist.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 06:13:47 PM »
If you look around you will notice that people who are out in the sun a lot,that are bald, have these spots. In my opinion a hat is the best protection.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 10:11:22 PM »
I talked to an Esthetician today.  She said that the laser would definitely take the spots off but it would take about 3 to 6 sessions over a 6 month period.  She said though that since the color of the spots is close to the color of the hair that is left on my head it would likely destroy those hair follicles and I might have dozens of small spots where no hair would grow on my scalp.

She recommended either a series of chemical peels of the scalp or get a prescription from my endocrinologist for hydroquinone (?).  She says that they hydro won't work as well as the chemical peel but it would be a lot cheaper.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 12:41:48 PM »
Update on the spots thing

Last Wednesday I was having a laser treatment to lighten a small tattoo I have in preparation for having a large tattoo done over the top of it.  In Illinois, only an MD can use these kinds of lasers.  Dr. Brett told me that he can most certainly remove all of the dark spots on my scalp with his lasers.  He said that it will not destroy the hair follicles if set correctly.  He said that he needs me to shave my entire scalp and he will do it.  He did a test firing on one spot on my arm.  As he said, the spot turned very red and angry.  He said that it will look pretty bad for about 4 to 6 weeks until it dries up and falls off.

So, I am waiting to see what will happen to the test spot.  And I am not so sure that I am ready to go fully BBC again - and then to have about 60 bright red sores on my scalp for the following 6 weeks?  People will think that I have the Plague!  And I am afraid that it will really turn off potential customers at school!