Confidence and Success > Business/Work

Beard in the workplace?

<< < (2/3) > >>

SlyMike:
I work in accounting and have a full beard and shaved head, and have had no problems regarding it.

Sir Harry:
Welcome, Wes!

First, thanks for your service. Secondly, unless specified, beards should not be a detriment to getting a job. I work in a plant, and the rules on beards is that they are permitted as long as it doesn't interfere with the wearing of a dust mask. As far as the corporate world, I don't think they can deny you a job just on the basis of having a beard, but any decent employer will tell you about beard restrictions if there are any. Good luck!

tobler1:
Provided the beard is neat and tidy, I don't think it should be an issue.  I've worked as both a lawyer and a teacher, and it's never been a problem for me.

slybeard:
I would not think of it as an issue, but check out the companies you interview with ahead of time to see if they have a policy.  You could call their HR departments and ask the question anonymously or if you know any current or former employees they could give you some incite on the company.

Razor X:
Also, go on LinkedIn and see if you can find the people who are going to interview you -- it's a good way to prepare for whatever questions they might ask you.  If there are pictures and if one of them has a beard, you know you have nothing to worry about!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version