Author Topic: Thoughts on my "beard" :)  (Read 3744 times)

Offline StrikeTheSix

• Sly Guy in Training
Thoughts on my "beard" :)
« on: October 16, 2015, 10:29:51 AM »
Hi there.

As of late, I noticed my hair was falling off. I'm starting to become okay with that and accept it.

And because of that, I've really been focusing on my beard and I am quite displeased with aswell.

I know there's been a lot of these "will my beard ever get thicker and fuller?" type of questions, so I'll not be asking that question.

However, what I will be asking of the lovely people on this forum is to take a look at the pictures attached and give me some feedback and let me know if you think how it would look if I let it grew :)

*Please note that I am 19 years old.

In the pictures below, I've left it untouched for about 2 weeks - give or take.
Anyway, here goes.

I am looking forward to the feedback and responses.

Thanks in advance.

- Jonas

Offline john.peachie

• A Texan working in N'Djamena, Chad
  • Sly
Re: Thoughts on my "beard" :)
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 11:02:43 AM »
I wish I had pictures of when I decided to grow a beard the first time, it was spotty but a little creative shaving to make both sides of your face match will look awesome.

Looks like you have a goatee candidate for a starter beard, just let it go, the worst part of growing a beard is it looks like hell for the first month or so when you can accept that it will be easier to look at.

It will take some time to fill, if you can't wait you can go with a type of style, I'm not familiar with the terms, but you can do a 'Beatnic' goatee, or a fumanchu with a soul patch under your lip....too many variations to list, but you will get settled in after a few weeks....keep updating photos, we're here for you!

John
John

The best things in life are free, that's why I'm good for nothing...

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 11:22:11 AM »
Beards can be slow to grow, and especially slow for the average 19 year old.  When I was 19, I only had a little fuzz on my mustache and a hair or two on my chin.  My suggestion is to give it some time, three months or so, to see what you beard potential is for now, and then choose a style that makes the best of your growth pattern.  I say for now because beards can continue to mature and thicken as you age.  For me, in my mid 20's I could grow a mustache, but not much else.  By 30 my goatee had filled in and I could grow a decent circle beard (mustache and goatee).  My cheeks did not fill in enough for a full beard until my 40's.  Your beard is already ahead of mine in development at 19, so you should not have to wait as long as I did.
SlyBeard

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 11:55:52 AM »
You have some good things happening on your chin. I would capitalize on that, and go for a petite goatee and mustache until the jaw and cheeks have time to grow in.

At nineteen, my beard was confined almost entirely to below my jawline. There was not much to see on my chin or cheeks, and even less above my upper lip. It looked really bad when I tried to grow it out for a few months.

You seem to have growth in the right places. I would stick to what is working for you at the moment. It should look pretty good.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline StrikeTheSix

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 03:18:03 PM »
Cheers for the replies folks.

I'll be shaving all else but the goatee bit. I'll see how that works out for me :-)

Jonas

Offline MunkyMunk

• Sly
  • Won't shave below the neck
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2015, 04:51:32 PM »
When I was 19 years old, I was in the Army. I only had to shave once a week when I was 19. And that was enough to meet tough Army standards. That's how weak my beard game was.

I couldn't grow a beard worth anything until I was in my mid- to late-twenties. I thought I was hopeless, but since my late 20's I've always had a beard - sometimes a goatee but most times a full beard.

So don't give up hope!

Enter your email address: