Author Topic: So they are "out," huh?  (Read 9184 times)

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: So they are "out," huh?
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2015, 07:00:36 AM »
Rusty! What do you mean goatees are out, I see them everywhere. I guess if I was,a slave to fashion, I would be growing my hair so I could sport a man bun.

Is it me, or do you break out in a hilarious laugh whenever you see a man bun?
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2015, 08:42:46 AM »
Rusty! What do you mean goatees are out, I see them everywhere. I guess if I was,a slave to fashion, I would be growing my hair so I could sport a man bun.

Is it me, or do you break out in a hilarious laugh whenever you see a man bun?

Yea, you haven't heard?  The fashion gestapo condemned the goatee back when pagers were state of the art, yet men are too stubborn to obey.

I agree what is the deal with the man bun?  I don't see the appeal with those at any level.  On the one hand I don't think real men give a damn about what the fashion industry says about beards, but then you see man buns and can't help but wonder why those exist other than because it is trendy.
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2015, 09:12:52 AM »
I'm curious about this article that appeared on your desk, was it a joke or was someone trying to convince you to shave? We're they not embarrassed to have been reading from a site like that?

The office in which I worked had some young women who were very fashion conscious, so it did not surprise me at all that someone was trying to influence my appearance. I had let the goat go untrimmed for about two months, and the beard was about three or four weeks old at the time, so I did not look the most well groomed.

Irony was that even in that extremely scruffy state, I interviewed for and got a much better job.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)