Author Topic: Shaving my head  (Read 2717 times)

Offline Williambaldlover

• Learning the way of Sly
Shaving my head
« on: September 19, 2015, 12:48:58 PM »

Hello i'm new here! i was thinking about shaving my head smooth i'm 19, i am not going bald and have a full head of longish curly hair my question is has anyone done it that young and if so how did people react? I'm still not sure about doing it :P any tips or anything will be well recieved thanks! ( sorry if my english was bad it isn't my first language)

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
Re: Shaving my head
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 07:01:30 AM »
there are plenty of guys here that are Bald By Choice (BBC), such a drastic change may get some getting used to by the people around you but they'll come around eventually
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 12:57:24 PM »
A drastic change is your choice.  Probably sure to generate some joking. Can you handle that.  However another choice is more gradual changes from what you currently have down to shorter and shorter buzz cuts, eventually shaving your head.  This is less likely to general unwanted comments.

There are clippers out there which have 1/8 inch graduations, plus a variable setting in between, so you can go about 1/32 of an inch shorter each week. No one will notice. Eventually you'll be down to no guard and ready to shave your head sly.

I'm BBC and went along a path like this. I'm not 19, but there are other's on here who are 19 and BBC.

Offline john.peachie

• A Texan working in N'Djamena, Chad
  • Sly
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 05:27:50 PM »
If you are concerned, probably a gradual trimming eventually leading to a buzzcut, see how that feels and looks.  Your English is great, and good luck on your choice...let us know what you decide!
John

The best things in life are free, that's why I'm good for nothing...

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 12:57:29 AM »
William, don't worry about your English.  I teach English, so I've heard some really horrible things in my time teaching!  I'm BBC, and I really love the look for me.  If you're interested, go for it.  If it's the right look for you, you'll realize it.

Offline Williambaldlover

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 08:30:46 PM »
Thanks for the support guys! I think i'm going smooth this week (hopefully) in the end like you said its just hair and it'll grow back i'll post pictures when it happens! Thanks for the  compliments on my english, and i'm from Costa Rica for the one who asked! I'll let you all know when it's done

Offline Andrew876876

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 10:29:48 PM »
Im 18 and have a full head of hair as well and i always had decent length hair so it was really drastic, i don't know if your friends are like mine but mine would constantly crack jokes and laugh but after about a week no one says much of anything. I want to continue shaving my head but i have chosen not to for now because when i shaved it with the clippers to a 0 for some reason i managed to damage my hair follicules and i got hair folliculitis, in short its an infection that causes a bunch of pimples on your scalp and its finally starting to go away a week later but it was horrible i had to wear a hat everywhere. Just be careful shaving and dont listen to your friends, you'll love the feeling of being bald you wont want to have hair again i promise you