Poll

bald story

shaved
12 (54.5%)
mother nature
10 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: shaved or mother nature  (Read 3358 times)

Offline lloyddailey2000

• Sly Jr.
shaved or mother nature
« on: August 20, 2007, 02:23:11 PM »
hey guys,hows things going?it crosssed my mind to ask you guys, how long it took you to get use to the baldness?. as for me, i started to go bald back in 1969, and by 1973 i was total bald, and it took me a very long time before i asked a girl out. you see back then it was unusual for a guy my age to be bald, but i couldnt help it, mother nature saw to that. but once a girl told be it was hot to be bald(and that was unusual back then, to be told that)i finally got the confidence i needed to keep going. oh, by the way, what a great forum here you have!

jusbnme

Re: shaved or mother nature
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 03:39:18 PM »
Welcome lloyd.  Good story too.  I'm actually in between.  Mother nature started a little after 20 years old for me but I just finally helped her out about about 2 years ago.  I've actually been trimming my hair down with clippers since high school but I've been totally slick for only about 2 years or so. 

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 08:45:40 PM »
Welcome lloyd.  Good story too.  I'm actually in between.  Mother nature started a little after 20 years old for me but I just finally helped her out about about 2 years ago.  I've actually been trimming my hair down with clippers since high school but I've been totally slick for only about 2 years or so. 

This pretty much mirrors my story.  I'm coming up on 4 years sly.  At this point I'm no longer sure how much is shaved and how much is due to Mother Nature.  I know I have a lot less hair now than I did when I started doing this and it grows VERY slowly on top.  So slowly that I really don't have the patience to grow it out, especially since I know that the end result probably wouldn't look very good.

Because I never let it get to the point of total MPB before I shaved, I sometimes forget that I can't grow it all back.  Every now and then I see a haircut that I like and think, "Maybe that will look good on me", and it takes a moment to remember that it's no longer an option.  Or I'll catch a glimpse of myself in the bathroom mirror at the end of the day and notice the shadow returning on the sides of my head -- but not on top.   For some reason, that still takes me by surprise sometimes.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 12:44:02 AM »
i really have a 70's style afro. j/k it was a mix for me. mother nature started and i just helped her along. looked around my family and knew it was inevitable anyway.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 12:59:37 AM »
I would be in between, i have a receeding hairline, but the receding are is very small, iam losing the hair slowly, i have been sly for 3 1/2 years, there are sometimes i wish i could do a long haircut, but i love being sly

shakf

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 11:09:14 PM »
Started thing around mid twenties with very rapid thinning in late twenties.

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 05:32:07 PM »
for me it was kinda a big thing, when I was younger I had hair down to my butt and it was very think and nice the girls loved it. But when I thought about it for a second, My brother started going bald when he was in high school and I out lasted him by several years(haha to him, just kidding we have fun with it now) so when mine started to go away I started clipping it and I kept going shorter and shorter, so I was like screw it I'm just gonna shave it and I love it now.

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 08:44:23 PM »
completely by choice here.
bald for life