Author Topic: 17 and Thinning, Need Advice  (Read 1789 times)

Offline Kinp

• Learning the way of Sly
17 and Thinning, Need Advice
« on: June 18, 2015, 09:18:05 AM »
Hey, I'm a 17 year old guy. The reason I'm writing this is not because I think I'm bald, or at least I hope not yet, but I have thinning. I have been thinning now for officially a year. I talked to my barber and she said she has noticed my hair overall getting thinner, now that said, I cannot pin point a spot but rather by whole head has slightly thinner hair.

The next step is to see, genetically, did I inherit MPB? I don't think so and here is why. MPB is sex linked, I'm pretty sure, so That means I couldn't have gotten it from my dad (he has decent hair and is at around 45). My mom has crappy hair, sorry mom but its true. Her hair looks good the way she rocks it but overall its thin. Her father has a full head of hair supposably, and I saw a pic of him just incase she was lying and his hair looks good :) . Then why worry right, her dad isn't bald? Wrong, her mom had even worse hair than my mom. So could my mom's mom's dad be bald and affect me? Yes, I'm pretty sure. [If I'm wrong about anything let me know] She claims her mom's dad was never bald but I'm not sure.

How could she have thin hair and not have MPB in her genetics? I have been taking biotin everyday and now use biotin shampoo and my hair has gotten better. I used to loss 150 hairs in one day at one point and now lose a little under 100 consistently. I honest believe my hair isn't being lost but just thinning because my hair density looks the same but, their are just small small small hairs in the old one's spot a year later. And again, not in one area. My hairline has actually improved but that said, I have always had a bad hairline.

So, What do I do? I guess thats the main point of this post. Do I get on rogaine at 17, or just feel it out for a little bit longer. The good thing about this is that if I really do start to loss my hair for good and not thinning, I'm so on top of it that I can save most of my hair hopefully. I just want to make the right decision and I want to save my hair if I'm going to lose it.

Final note: I have always had thin bad hair and when I was a kid still lost hair just never took notice.

Thank you in advance, I have been wanting to write this forever and now have the courage just to do it.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
Re: 17 and Thinning, Need Advice
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 09:46:08 AM »
Welcome to the board, Kinp.

If you have come here seeking advice regarding Roaine or other chemical stuff, you probably are going to be disappointed. I think it is safe to state that few, if any, of the members here endorse the use of it. Notice the name of the site.

There are many other forums on the web for a mann to seek such information and opinions.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Re: 17 and Thinning, Need Advice
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 01:32:25 PM »
post some photos of yourself and we will give you our honest advice.