Author Topic: 50 year old man with earring  (Read 26825 times)

Offline paperclip

• Sly Jr.
50 year old man with earring
« on: June 15, 2015, 01:47:01 PM »
i've had my ear pierced for almost 30 years but have only worn an earring for a fraction of that time. I recently turned 50 and started wearing an earring (stud) again in my left ear. I've been shaving my head off and on for about 10 years and think that the earring looks really cool with the shaved head.
Just curious how many other sly guys out there wear earrings and what age you are and what type/number of earrings you have. I would love to get my right ear pierced but my wife would not like it. she barely tolerates the one earring. Maybe if I lost weight it would look a little better, she claims I would look too effeminate with both ears pierced.
anyway, just thought I would throw that out there.
thx

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
Re: 50 year old man with earring
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 04:58:55 PM »
Effeminate? Because of earrings?

:/O

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 05:12:04 PM »
Nothing wrong with the earring, and 50 is not old. I never thought of getting one myself, but lately I have been contemplating getting one. I think they look good with a shaved head. Gee, is 61 too old?
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 06:16:39 PM »
I have a bowling buddy that's about your age, give or take a few years. He was wearing a close cut horseshoe, but had to shave bald to get cyst surgery on the back of his head. He liked it so much, he decided to keep it shaved and get both of his ears pierced. Many of us feels that losing the horseshoe was a win, but him getting two earrings (studs) made him look even better. If you want the second earring, I say go for it!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline paperclip

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 08:09:53 PM »
Effeminate? Because of earrings?

:/O
yes, my wife thinks I look too effeminate with both ears pierced. i pierced my right ear 10 years ago when i turned 40 and she freaked on me. she actually packed her bag and went to her parents. she returned a few hours later and said I could wear one earring but not both ears. i didn't want to risk WW3 so I only wore one in my left ear. Knowing that she doesn't like me with an earring is hard on my confidence. but she's the one who thinks earrings are effeminate. I don't at all. I think they can be very masculine if you get the right type.

Offline paperclip

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 08:12:26 PM »
Nothing wrong with the earring, and 50 is not old. I never thought of getting one myself, but lately I have been contemplating getting one. I think they look good with a shaved head. Gee, is 61 too old?

no, 61 is not too old, not at all. Like the old saying goes "age ain't nothin' but a number". I wish more 60+ year old guys would sport earrings. I personally think they look cool on all ages.

Offline paperclip

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 08:17:15 PM »
I have a bowling buddy that's about your age, give or take a few years. He was wearing a close cut horseshoe, but had to shave bald to get cyst surgery on the back of his head. He liked it so much, he decided to keep it shaved and get both of his ears pierced. Many of us feels that losing the horseshoe was a win, but him getting two earrings (studs) made him look even better. If you want the second earring, I say go for it!

I would love to get my right ear pierced but my wife would never go for it. thanks for the vote of confidence tho.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 10:23:00 PM »
I got my left ear pierced when I was 59 and my mother freaked - for about a week. 

I got the second one pierced when I was 60 and she didn't notice.

Why don't you get a tattoo instead?  That way if your wife gives you flack you can say that you did it for her - instead of getting the second ear piercing!

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2015, 01:27:57 AM »
I've had this conversation with a couple of members but is 73 too old?

Roger

Roger

Offline paperclip

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2015, 06:23:14 AM »
I've had this conversation with a couple of members but is 73 too old?

Roger

I don't think any age is "too old". Why do we stop doing things we want just because we are older. Why should young people have all the fun. I think if it's not too radical looking then it's OK to get an earring when you're more "mature". A small hoop or stud should be fine. That's my opinion...

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2015, 08:48:59 AM »
You're never too old to enjoy yourself. In fact, the older I get, the more entitled I feel to satisfy my own whims.

We've earned it! ;)

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2015, 11:24:58 AM »
I got both of my ears pierced eight years ago at the age of 45. Now, at the tender age of 53, I happily sport a diamond stud in my left ear. You're never too old for pierced ears.
Hair is over rated.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2015, 03:26:59 PM »
Paper clip...

I'm 62 and I wear a left earring all the time. Studs, small loops, and a few segment rings. Change it up daily. I've had it two years.  Been BBC 3.5 years.  The two go together well.  My thickest rings are 14 ga. They don't look like I've gauged them up (can't see through the holes).

I get good feedback about the earring frequently.

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2015, 04:04:20 PM »
I got my left ear pierced last year at 51. My wife thought I was crazy and attributed it to mid life crisis. It's not a mid life crisis. I always wanted to do it so finally did it. I wear various studs and small hoops. I like it.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2015, 05:39:55 PM »
Good for you Mike.

Nobody is ever too old to do this in my opinion