Author Topic: Hobbies/sports  (Read 9225 times)

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
Hobbies/sports
« on: November 03, 2006, 11:17:14 AM »
It is pretty clear that there is a good array of people and personalities in this forum.  I am curious to see what type of different sports and hobbies are in the group.  I know some guys have mentioned various interest in other post, but I figure to just make a topic about it by itself.
I keep very busy with the family, but I also do a little mix martial arts and love to race my car.

"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
Re: Hobbies/sports
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 11:26:08 AM »
My main hobby is off roading my jeep, and building it.  www.cybersitze.com I love to weld and fabricate.  www.rnrfab.com

I ride a motorcycle, and have thought about taking it to a track.

I restore and sharpen straight razors, dabble in wood working, and fix up the house when needed, and play video games, currently playing City of Heroes/Villians.
Rob
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071117/sampa714ba256de1d637.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline MississippiRed

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 11:46:51 AM »
I hunt, fish, raise APBTs in a limited capacity, am into old cars, lift weights a bit (took time off but getting started again here lately)  ,  Muay Thai, BJJ and submission grappling , and reading .

Red

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 11:55:29 AM »
I'm into hunting, snow skiing, wakeboading, weight lifting, golf, and baseball when it comes to sports.

For hobbies I like to build websites, read, and learn about internet technologies.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 02:34:20 PM »
Oh yeah I forgot.  I use to play golf at least 3 days a week, but not so much anymore.  And it is not like I really "played" golf.  It usually was more hitting a little white ball closer to a not much bigger hole.  I recently started to read for enjoyment, but now school has me reading so much the enjoyment is going to have to wait for about a year.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline nolimits72

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 02:48:26 PM »
you know it's funny - I work all day on a computer, answering questions on computers and what do I do when I get home-I mess around on my computer!

But at work it is mostly help desk stuff, at home I work on more creative stuff like media projects for my church.

For the most part though my time is spend working on homework. I am working on my Bachelors in Information Technology. Guess what, it is all online so when I need to go to class-I am at my computer.

If I need to get away I usually hop in my Vette and cruise around. There aint nothing like cruisin in a Vette.

gearhedguy

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2006, 04:46:07 PM »
My hobbies include riding my motorcycle, working on my truck and motorcycle, tinkering, do-it-yourself projects, and basically anything that involves working with my hands. I really like getting my hands dirty. I'm also an avid fitness person and I try to do something physical every day. . . weight-lifting, running, hiking, etc. I try to not watch much television and most of my television time is consumed with surfing the net.

BaldRob

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2006, 04:23:40 PM »
My main hobby is photography... love to snap the pics!  I've done a lot of scenic shots, but also have done a lot of event shots for bars and radio stations.  I even got to be the official photographer for a visit to a radio station by Kevin Bacon...

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2006, 04:27:17 PM »
I even got to be the official photographer for a visit to a radio station by Kevin Bacon...

So, you're only one or two degrees away from Kevin Bacon?   :D
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

BaldRob

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2006, 04:34:35 PM »
Heh!!  I'm only one degree away... you guys are all now two degrees away from Kevin Bacon!  Don't you feel special now??   ;D

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2006, 07:44:52 PM »
That's what that feeling was? Hell I thought it was somethin I had for lunch...lol That's cool Rob
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2006, 03:58:59 PM »
I love skiing, camping, motocross, traveling to new places.テつ  Notice I said I "love" doing those things.テつ  Money's tight right now so I haven't done many of them things in a while.テつ  Just bought a house in the Columbine area of Littleton, Colorado.テつ  So now I'm content with taking the family and our two Boxadors (lab/boxer mix) to the lake (summertime of course).

The thing I'm probably best at is playing the drums.テつ  I've played for about 30 years now.テつ  Was actually part of the Hollywood/Sunset Strip, BIG HAIR rock scene in the 80's.テつ  Released an album, sold about 80,000 records....hung out with and befriended all the biggies back then...Ratt, Motley Crue, Guns & Roses, and more.

See attached back-stage shot...circa 1986 or so (Miller Genuine Draft was my choice that night).テつ  テつ Our album is still bouncinig around out there (use links below).

Now I play in a rockin' church band.

http://vibrationsofdoom.com/test/test2/LetchenGrey.html

On one website we are ranked #233 in the top 400 releases of 1986 (link below - then scroll to #233)

http://rateyourmusic.com/charts/top/ep/1986/3

Great time....now I'm a family man....had to grow up sometime ;)

« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 04:02:40 PM by Robmeister »

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2006, 04:18:35 PM »
. . . I also do a little mix martial arts . . .

ar3inc, yer my hero, man!  My wife and I love to follow the UFC stuff.  Favorite fighters = Andre Arlovski, Tito Ortiz, Matt Hughes (even though he beat my first hero, Royce Gracie).

Way to go!  I've dabbled in martial arts since I was a kid...yellow belt here....orange belt here...blue belt there.  But never achieved a black belt  :'(   Probably one of the things I want to accomplish in life.....black belt.....probably in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.  Or if I can find a good Jeet Koon Do MMA academy, I think they do levels...not belts.

Way to go!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2006, 10:27:03 PM »
Robmeister, it's amazing how life can change.  I bet it's much different now than the Sunset Strip days.

I also like to ride dirt bikes, but now that I live in the big city it's tough to do it.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Offline MississippiRed

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2006, 10:29:07 AM »
I keep very busy with the family, but I also do a little mix martial arts and love to race my car.

Love MMA .........if you don't mind me asking , where do you train? 

Right now I work out at Fairtex in Mountain View and Ralph Gracie's also in Mountain View........maybe we can compare notes and strategies......

Red

Enter your email address: