Author Topic: When you shave with a manual razor does it get close enough to remove pigment?  (Read 1348 times)

Offline BeaveCake

• Learning the way of Sly
I lost hair diffusers from a condition, and shave my head with an electric razor like the bald eagle, but that obviously leaves clear outlines of where the hair grows, and while taking the leap to a manual wouldn't be a big issue given how short it is, I want to know if it will give me a seamless look or you'll still see the thin spots up close due to the pigment of the denser areas?

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
Are you asking whether your hair follicles might still be visible? If so, the answer will depend upon how dark your scalp's skin is and how dark your hair's color is. If you have pale skin and dark hair, you probably will have a shadow even if you shave down to complete smoothness. If you skin color is dark, the likelihood of your having a very visible shadow is low.

I had to go about eighteen months to get my scalp to darken to the tone of my face, but my dark brown hair still can cause as much of a shadow up there as my beard does on my cheeks.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline BeaveCake

• Learning the way of Sly
Well my hair is or was a light brown some said it was blondish others said reddish and with an electric it's a bit of a shadow, so a manual will at least make it less noticeable? Simply put a manual will remove more than an electric as far as it's visibility I'm assuming

Enter your email address: