Author Topic: Anyone Here ever tried a DEvette on the dome?  (Read 3104 times)

Offline gwsmallwood

• Sly
  • AZ Sly Guy
Anyone Here ever tried a DEvette on the dome?
« on: March 13, 2015, 10:47:09 AM »
In my 9 months of wet shaving, I have learned that I get better, more comfortable shaves from aggressive razors.  I am curious about the DEvette.  For those of you who've never heard of it, just Google it and the appropriate B&B threads should pop up.  Basically it's a DE safety razor with no safety bars.

Anyone here ever try one?  I think I'm going to sign up for a passaround and give it a try.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: Anyone Here ever tried a DEvette on the dome?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 03:31:20 PM »
Sounds bloody to me.
SlyBeard

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Anyone Here ever tried a DEvette on the dome?
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 03:17:05 PM »
Hi Garrett:  I have never tried the shavette.  However, I did try the Feather AC SS Folding Razor that uses the sharp Feather Professional Blades.  A lot of SR shavers on BadgerandBlade have stated that the Feather Professional and the Super Professional blades are sharper than a regular SR. 

I really wanted to love the Feather AC SS however, I tried it 2-3 times but the cuts that I got from it prevented me from loving it.  I even kept it in my shave den for a good while until I sold it to a member from another forum.  Maybe one day, I will try it out , again.  For now. . . I love my DE and SE shaves.  Kindly keep us posted.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!