Author Topic: No warning signal  (Read 10385 times)

Offline itsmyhead

• Learning the way of Sly
No warning signal
« on: August 17, 2007, 02:24:49 PM »
What I have noticed is that I've been hitting my head more.  When I had hair, there was a sense that your head was getting close to something.  Now, there's no warning.  I've been lucky so far that I haven't put any dings or cuts into my scalp yet.  I guess I'll have to proceed with caution.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: No warning signal
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 02:58:29 PM »
What I have noticed is that I've been hitting my head more.  When I had hair, there was a sense that your head was getting close to something.  Now, there's no warning.  I've been lucky so far that I haven't put any dings or cuts into my scalp yet.  I guess I'll have to proceed with caution.

B@n%  yeah, that can be a bummer when you knock the ol' noggin.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 03:08:47 PM »

B@n%  yeah, that can be a bummer when you knock the ol' noggin.

It can leave nasty marks
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline outsider82

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 05:15:11 PM »
I second that, It came as quite a shock to me as well.

Out

Bald_freak

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 03:12:17 PM »
Hair did give a little padding too, but....then agian if you do gash the noggin, you can't put a bandaide on with hair in the way. Not to mention the hair being matted with dried blood.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 06:28:53 AM »

This is an excellent point. I have noticed this odd experience to of having no sensation that your dome is close to an object, particulary the trunk hatch on my car  g@@4

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 06:35:07 AM »
I guess I must be extremely lucky in this area. I used to hit my head all the time when I had hair.  Now I am extremely careful and have pretty good luck staying away from low hanging objects.  And you do know that now that I have written this I am due to just walk staight into a wall or something.... :/O
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 06:39:56 AM »
I guess I must be extremely lucky in this area. I used to hit my head all the time when I had hair.  Now I am extremely careful and have pretty good luck staying away from low hanging objects.  And you do know that now that I have written this I am due to just walk staight into a wall or something.... :/O

LOL yeah KC, never put anything into words or verbalize it because that is when it happens :D

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 08:30:32 AM »
yeah no crap...i have this air duct in my basement..never in my whole time living there...have i ever hit it..now it seems like I hit it all the time...im like ok what gives here...why am i hitting that damn thing

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 11:53:04 AM »
yeah no crap...i have this air duct in my basement..never in my whole time living there...have i ever hit it..now it seems like I hit it all the time...im like ok what gives here...why am i hitting that damn thing

... maybe to knock some sense into yourself??? -- just kidding, man.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 12:03:49 PM »
AIR DUCT= AIR HEAD! :*))

Offline nilagorilla

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2007, 06:33:34 PM »
Mine's made outta styrofoam O0 :*))

Offline Stevo

• Agile, Mobile, Audiophile
  • Sly
    • Country Road of Life
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2007, 02:27:15 PM »
When you're as tall as I am (6'6"), you don't notice a difference.  I've whacked my head on so many doorways, chandeliers, and Burger King hanging signs that I barely feel it anymore.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2007, 04:33:14 PM »
bluejayrock.....welcome 2 the sly fraternity.  post up in the INTRO SECTION so that we can give ya a proper welcome.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2007, 04:46:20 PM »
When you're as tall as I am (6'6"), you don't notice a difference.  I've whacked my head on so many doorways, chandeliers, and Burger King hanging signs that I barely feel it anymore.

I'm 6'5" so I know what you mean.