Author Topic: Atra blades are EVIL!  (Read 6599 times)

X The Hierophant

Atra blades are EVIL!
« on: August 17, 2007, 07:33:59 AM »
OK ... I tried the Atra blade for the second time last night and was much more gentle and slow that try #1.  After having blood run down my face for 15 minutes I through the other 9 blades away in disgust.   :Xo!  These blades are evil man.  I'm going back to my headblade triples where I never nick my head...

jusbnme

Re: Atra blades are EVIL!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 08:24:24 AM »
Damn, sorry to hear about your experience there bro.  I myself have given up numerous times on the HB but I the atras always worked good for me.  That's another thing about some of the guys that are using the HB I was wondering.  I used a trip once.  The one that came with the HB sport and it did seem to work very good as far as not nicking me.  I mean I could go fast and almost push down with it and it would not nick me.  On the down side for me it didn't give as good of a shave as the atras.  So my question is to the guys that use the trips on a regular basis and say they have never had a bad experience with the HB...Have ya'll ever tried a different blade, such as the atras, or have ya'll always used the trips?  I was just curious because this may be why some others haven't had the nicks and cuts that some of us other guys have had from the regular blades. 

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 08:40:41 AM »
X,Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with the atra blades bro. I initially had a not so good result with them too but after I got the hang of them then they went okay. I found I got the best results with the HB with the Sensor blades(using the HB sensor adaptor).Sensor blades are only 2. I havent used the HB triples but like Lance says,triples dont necessarily mean a better shave.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 10:10:10 AM »
X that sucks bro.  I have also found that I'm more prone to nicks with the Atra blades than than the other blades.  Try the Sensor; in my mind they give a better shave than the trips and aren't as likely to nick you.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

X The Hierophant

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 10:38:58 AM »
Thanks guys.  I'll give the sensor's a shot.  The Atra's did give an extremely close shave but I felt like I was shaving with a potato peeler!  :Xo! :'( :Xo!

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 11:31:29 AM »
I'll just shut up now and consider myself lucky that I can get by so cheaply with Atra knock-offs.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 11:51:33 AM »
X,  you're really scaring me off the Atra's, but I will have to give it a shot to see if they work for me. Gonna go real slow though!
Good analogy on the experience, lol   :*))

X The Hierophant

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 12:10:15 PM »
Good luck man.  O0

Everyone's head is different.  Hopefully you won't meet the same folly I did when I gave them a go.  Let me know how it turns out.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 09:06:34 PM »
Hey X, sorry to hear about the trouble with the Atra's. I wonder if you got a bad batch?
Anyway, I would try some of the other ones, maybe the Sensor like Tyler says, or the generic triples. TimmJ says he likes the matrix 3.
I shaved for the second time with the atra and I had no problem, they actually get me smoother than the triple that comes with HB.
Keep tryin' with different setups, you'll probably find something you will have no problem with and that will be what you stick with.
Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Joe

Offline frostillicus123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Forgot to Shave this morning
    • My Twitter Explict Language
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 12:34:12 PM »
I absolutely hate the Headblade razors. i find they get gummed up to easy, and hard to clean.

i prefer the sensor blades, but my damn adaptor broke. I'm oging to have to order some but i'm waiting til i deceide what else i want to order with it.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071111/samp9a1d5d13c394b3da.jpg[/img] [/url]

X The Hierophant

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 01:43:06 PM »
Hey X, sorry to hear about the trouble with the Atra's. I wonder if you got a bad batch?
Anyway, I would try some of the other ones, maybe the Sensor like Tyler says, or the generic triples. TimmJ says he likes the matrix 3.
I shaved for the second time with the atra and I had no problem, they actually get me smoother than the triple that comes with HB.
Keep tryin' with different setups, you'll probably find something you will have no problem with and that will be what you stick with.
Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Joe

Thanks man.  Yeah, I tried the Sensor blades like Tyler recommended, and I loved them.  No nicks and got a closer shave than the headblade triples.  I was very happy with my results with the sensors.  O0

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 01:57:10 PM »
Thanks man.  Yeah, I tried the Sensor blades like Tyler recommended, and I loved them.  No nicks and got a closer shave than the headblade triples.  I was very happy with my results with the sensors.  O0

Whew!  Glad I was right at least once! 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

X The Hierophant

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 02:53:33 PM »

Whew!  Glad I was right at least once! 

Do headblade doubles work just as well as the sensors?  I've used headblade triples in the past, and I like the sensor double better.  Any experience with that?

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 03:01:22 PM »
which adapter do you use with the sensor blades? ....i have some leftover sensors i need to try out....
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

X The Hierophant

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2007, 03:55:07 PM »