Author Topic: exfoliator help  (Read 4033 times)

Offline The_Chavez

• Sly Guy in Training
  • "If you go to Z'ha'dum, you will die"
    • My Myspace
exfoliator help
« on: August 16, 2007, 08:53:34 AM »
I went to Wal-mart last night to get a exfoliator....And I couldn't find any. I saw alot of things called "face wash" and "face scrub"or "face clenser" ......Are those the same things? I went ahead and bought some kind of face clenser by Nivea for sensitive skin and used it this morning....it seems like i got a closer shave but I still have the problem with the bumps? Do i just need to use it for awhile or did I get the wrong thing?

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: exfoliator help
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 09:24:40 AM »
thechavez..... yes face scrub is the same as an exfoliator.  a good face scrub is "st ives apricot srub" or the nivea 4 men energizing face scrub.  there r many but these r the ones that i use & r excellant.  keep us posted on your steps 2 slyness.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 11:05:02 AM »
Ditto what warhawk said, St. Ives does a great job.  You can also try HeadShed from the guys at HeadBlade.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

X The Hierophant

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 11:38:46 AM »
I'm with Paul.  HeadShed is the way to go.  I even use it on my beard.  O0

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 01:25:35 PM »
These guys hit it on the head.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

jusbnme

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 04:59:36 PM »
Yeah, what the others said.  St. Ive's Apricot Scrub is a very good one.  They also have a knock off brand at Targets that is even cheaper.  And the Nivea stuff you got is good for in between cleanings.  Because you don't really want to use the scrub everyday because it can irritate your scalp.  Then again it just depends on how sensitive your dome is.  But for me I use the St. Ive's twice a week.  Then in between I use the Nivea Sensitive Face Wash on my dome and face. 

KALBO

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 08:06:41 PM »
Yeah, what the others said.  St. Ive's Apricot Scrub is a very good one.  They also have a knock off brand at Targets that is even cheaper.  And the Nivea stuff you got is good for in between cleanings.  Because you don't really want to use the scrub everyday because it can irritate your scalp.  Then again it just depends on how sensitive your dome is.  But for me I use the St. Ive's twice a week.  Then in between I use the Nivea Sensitive Face Wash on my dome and face. 
Yeah, what Lance said...I started using the Target brand and find it just as good as St. Ive's!!! O0

Offline frostillicus123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Forgot to Shave this morning
    • My Twitter Explict Language
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 10:17:07 PM »
I use Nivea for Men Face Exfoliant. it's great
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071111/samp9a1d5d13c394b3da.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 08:53:59 AM »
You can also crush up broken glass and mix it with p-nut butter.....definitely not for sensitive skin.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 08:57:51 AM »
I'm with all my sly bros and use St Ives Apricot Scrub. Works great as an exfoliant and gets rid of dry skin on the dome and helps you get a clean and smooth shave. I use 3x per week.

I shave every day.

I have never used the Headshed although I hear it produces good results.

jusbnme

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 09:49:16 AM »
You can also crush up broken glass and mix it with p-nut butter.....definitely not for sensitive skin.

Rob, you animal.  :D

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 10:04:06 AM »

Is that a formula you'll be selling soon?   :/O
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 10:18:10 AM »

I would therefore assume that you use the "crunchy" and not the smooth? ;D
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2007, 10:20:29 AM »
Actually, the Meister is a pussy. Peanuts are too tough for him. He uses filbert butter.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2007, 10:34:35 AM »
Not familiar with filbert butter. Is this like almond butter?

I am a fan of tahini which is a seasame paste with a nutty flavor. I have eaten it for years. Very good with middle eastern type bread.

I wonder if this would make a good exfoliator.